New Assembly hall in Pheonix?

by darthfader 18 Replies latest jw friends

• darthfader
    darthfader

Gayle, thanks for checking into that.. I was afraid to call the number, for fear that they would wrap their noodly tennacles around my neck.

Darth Fader

• dissed
    dissed

Oh great, that's an area we are looking at a home to buy.

What's with the tall steeple? Is it like a 'keeping up with the Jones(or Smith's) thing? "Our steeple is bigger than yours!"

Or is it a 'lightening rod' in reverse to send prayers to heaven?

• dissed
    dissed

Back to the Phx assembly hall.....

When I was with the RBC in the early 90's that was a serious point of contention. Many JW's were so upset with the progress, they demanded their contributions back and some were given it back. A comittee was formed to study the problems and it was decided it just wasn't the time to build it.

As I recall, some really poor decisions were being made and lots of donated money wasted. One RBC bro commented it was like trying to build the Tower of Babel. The Babylonians didn't have JG spirit and neither did we.

A big mess and much resentment between some of the JW's.

• Gayle
    Gayle

According to "wiki" noted above, a lot more assembly halls are being planned, how do they have the money for all this? Here in Phoenix, the job market is really hit, and many homes are in foreclosure.

• TD
    TD

Okay, I went and had a look. It's nearing completion. Very nice, actually.

• asilentone
    asilentone

did you take pics of the the assembly hall?

• TD
    TD

Yes. Don't have them with me at the moment, but I could post them later

• Gayle
    Gayle

Thanks for update, TD.

• CrimsonAshes
    CrimsonAshes

Hope so. I'm SO sick of going to Tuscon, every year. It's hotter than blazes down there, compared to Phoenix. And hotels creep me out....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit