Names of the Angels

by KingAgag 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KingAgag
    KingAgag

HappyGuy, no offence - we'll have to just agree to disagree - but you just made me laugh so hard I had tears rolling down my face. I am going to have to google for names now and read them aloud.

• Quadraphoenix
    Quadraphoenix

Happy Guy, this is my first post on here and all I could think of after reading your post, was "plum".

Abaddon is a demon. I said his name out a few times and nothing happened. Do I need to stand by the mirror or something? Should I light a candle and dance like a Morris Dancer to?

Throw me a bone here.....

• xeracia
    xeracia

Hmm that does bring up something interesting. It has been awhile since I have read a Bible. I keep asking my husband to buy me one that isn't the New Testament and he looks at me funny. So maybe one of you can answer. Was Satan's name always Satan? Cause I keep bringing up to my JW family and friends and even Christian friends the fact that God...who should be all-knowing...created this Angel who went bad. Therefore God should have known he was going to go bad. Therefore God created evil. And if Satan's name was always Satan then God knew from the start that he was going to oppose him. So it was all meant to happen from the get-go?

• xeracia
    xeracia

Ah hah! Nevermind. I forgot about the name Lucifer which means Light-bearer

• teel
    teel

Yes xeracia, that's the trick. See, the names had meanings back then, and when needed, they could be changed. For example Abraham's wife was called Sarai for a while, then renamed to Sarah (princess).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit