Is Jehovah's Witnesses a religion of confusion?

by asilentone 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• asilentone
  • wobble
    wobble

?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

While your one, no. Do this, do that. Go here, go there. Read this, read that. End result-paradise!

Once you examine JW doctrine without the blinders on....hell yeah its extremely confusing. All the doing, going, and reading doesn't make a lick of sense.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Can't accept blood but allowed to accept blood fractions. Cannot donate blood but allowed to accept blood fractions that come only from blood. Able to take medicines made with blood but cannot donate blood to help hospitals make this medicine. Cannot store blood for surgeries but are allowed to have blood pump around outside your body and back in during surgery.

Can't celebrate Christmas, it has pagan roots. Pinatas are okay even though they have pagan roots. Wedding ceremonies are okay even though some of the traditions are rooted in paganism.

The trinity came from paganism and false religions but it is okay to believe in 1914 even though it originated in pyramidology and astrology.

Jesus is not your mediator as He mediates only for the 144,000 but at the same time He is your mediator because you come to Jehovah in Jesus's name.

Nah, this religion is not confusing at all.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It is clear as day to the dedicated sheep like ones on the inside - It is clear as mud to everybody else!

• EverAStudent
    EverAStudent

I never joined the organization, but went through more than a year of weekly Bible studies with a team of JWs. I knew they were utterly confused when I asked them what salvation was and how to get saved. They either had no clue, or were too ashamed to tell me. Imagine, a religion that is either too confused or too ashamed to tell people how to get saved..........

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

It is only confusing if you think about it, like one elder told me years ago: "you think too much" he later sat on a 5 man committee refusing to answer any questions I had directed at him along with the other 4 saying: "I don't know you tell us" with a smug look on his face.

So in order for JW not to be confused nonthinking is recommended.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

All religions are based on confusion.

• carpediem
    carpediem

As another poster commented, from the inside of jwland, no. It all made perfect sense to me while I was in. Now I have been out for several months and I am not being constantly told what to think, I can see it for what it is - one screwed up religion.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Making mythology into reality is always confusing and backward, nevertheless religion is designed by men for men,

and its both empowering and profitable financially if applied right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit