Did you hear Jw's swear?

by highdose 35 Replies latest jw friends

• highdose
    highdose

i know that what counts as swearing differs alot from region to region, amongst the words i heard used were "Crap, bloody, shit, git, bastard, bitch" and the dubs who used these words would say that they didn't belive they were swear words at all!

• SBaySteve
    SBaySteve

And how! My favorite was a brother here in L.A. who gravely counseled the congregation to avoid saying 'worldly' things like T.G.I.F. The world waits for the weekend to party and get into trouble with overindulgences of every kind, he admonished. We however should rejoice over more lofty things, like the meetings. We should be saying things like "S.H.I.T." for "So Happy It's Thursday" (or Tuesday if you were a big fan of the book study). He was mortified later when his wife explained what he had said/spelled.

Wherever he is he's still living that one down, and whenever I'm in polite company I still discreetly mutter "ugggh! I am so happy it's Thursday..."

• zagor
    zagor

Yup lots of times. I remember this one bloke cussing like a sailor at a soccer game only about a month before becoming an elder

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

When I was a teenager I would swear when I was away from jws & not swear when around them, I had trained myself very well in this deception. There was once when I did let my guard down when with jws, it was when I was out driving with my 'JW' friends & another driver did same dumbars thing & i replied with "that f..k..g bastard" the whole car went silent, no one ever mentioned it to me & I never had a call from the elders. phew.

There are many many times I have heard jws swear even with the so called worst words, this even by elders from my own cong & others.

• stillin
    stillin

yes. I had gone to a lot of trouble to clean up my speech back when I first learned the "truth." Over the years there have been many responsible brothers who, when with me, felt free to "let their hair down," probably thinking that an ex-worldly pissant like me wouldn't mind, or a a demonstration of their coolness. I found it insulting. These days my own speech has relaxed a bit, but I still see vulgar speech as a product of a lazy mind.

• trueblue
    trueblue

Yes I have heard JW's use vulger language...

I remember I said to a JW that some thing freaked me out, and he said "Do you realize you keep saying that word" and I said "What word is that" he said "That F word" I replied " I can say freak any time I feel like saying freak you freak and I suppose you are one of those that believe shoot means she it too"

He told the elders that I was saying F'ing this and F'ing that.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

i only swore at work ;)

• trueblue
  • logic
    logic

I've cussed all my life. It is a great stress reliever. But I was very careful around jws. But I have

heard most brothers let out a few cuss words. I don't think they ever knew it themselves.

But I could have cared less, just showed them to be human. I grew up with cussers , my family

were cussers, my friends were cussers, the people I worked with on construction sites were

cussers . I don't think I have met too many people who did not cuss. I in particular cuss when

I work on my own car. I have called it every name in the book, it deserved it.

• wobble
    wobble

We had P.O who claimed that the word "Feck" was O.K to use as it was Irish and did not mean the same as Fu*k. So we all feckin used it around him. he wasn't Irish,didn't even have Irish relatives, just liked feckin using the word.

The other funny occasion was when one bro. was blocking us all in after an Elders meeting at a bros house, the C.O was there too, we were all looking for this guys keys coz he had lost them, we were outside looking on the ground in the dark, when an Elder pocked his head out of the door and shouted "Tell John we've found his Bloody keys" all the bros outside fell about laughing.

Love

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit