How Good Was/Is Your Singing Of The Kingdom Songs?

by finallysomepride 22 Replies latest jw friends

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Mine, this is self explanitory, I hated it & just moved my lips but nothing came out.

• cantleave
    cantleave

On sunday we had a session of singing songs from the new book, instead of a public. I actually went - it was awful.

• inbetween
    inbetween

I´m very bad, as a teen, I just moved my lips, later I sang, but with a low voice...

some of our congo are beginning to practise the new songs, well, I also practise my new song:

"We weren't born to follow
    Come on and get up off your knees
    When life is a bitter pill to swallow
    You gotta hold on to what you believe

Believe that the sun will shine tomorrow
    And that your saints and sinners bleed
    We weren't born to follow
    You gotta stand up for what you believe"

• cantleave
    cantleave

They say the devil has all the best tunes, this just proved it.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Disgusting, and I have a letter from elders to Branch to prove it;

"Brother fokyc also has problems with singing"

fokyc

• snowbird
    snowbird

Excellent. At one time, I never used the songbook - I knew them all from memory and by heart.

I grew up in a Baptist church where we never used song books.

Sylvia

• blondie
    blondie

I have to admit that some jws would not have been good singers even if they were other religious songs or secular.

I'm a fairly good singer and would harmony when I could.

Some songs were not good....I would visit the restroom then.

I was also the piano player for many years....can't sing and play at the same time.

I have visited Lutheran, RC, Baptist, Mormon, Methodist, places of worship and they have some pretty bad songs too.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Not terrible, but like most people I do not have the range to deal with most of the kingdom songs. As far as the new ones are concerned... I wouldn't know.

zoiks

• freddo
    freddo

FOKYC - I can only surmise that your congregation is a "market town" (with market town mentality) from the Midlands/South West England or possibly the Welsh marches with two opinionated elders on the service committee that rule the roost! I can just see them getting together to write to bethel and working out every last "unchristian" thing that they can say about you. They think they are so immune that even data protection doesn't matter to them until it bites them in the rear!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Blondie said "I'm a fairly good singer and would harmony when I could. "

Always loved "The Tide is High", Sorry couldn't resist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit