as a JW were you comfortable with this question?

by highdose 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Open mind
    Open mind

Householder: So do you teach that only faithful JWs will survive Armageddon?

JW: Well, (shuffle, shuffle,) I can't really say since God does the judging.

Householder: Hold on. Don't you teach that your preaching work is a "life-saving" work?

JW: Uh, yeah.

Householder: How can it be life-saving if those who don't listen don't die?

JW: I've got a REALLY interesting article in the Awake! on Pizza. Would you like to read it?

• teel
    teel

I don't remember being asked that particular question. 99% of my FS was "I'm not interrested" (in my town we have about 1/50 witnesses, so people are too often visited). However my honest answer would have been that we can't judge that, and I would have meant it. It was my dilemma too, that if that's the case, then why am I there Good thing I didn't got that question.

Don't you want to be part of those that will for sure be safe?

That's the catch, being a JW ruined my certainty of any kind afterlife. Before that I tried living a christian life, and hoping that by Jesus' grace I will be saved. As a JW I was constantly being reminded, that one can never buy his place, and I can never do enough, can never be good enough to be admitted.

• e-watchman
    e-watchman

The scriptural answer is always the best. I would tell them that the Bible states that everyone who calls upon the name of Jehovah will be saved, but that unfortunately most people do not know God's name and have confused God and Jesus.

robert king / e-watchman.com

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Yeah but Bobby it doesn't say "only" those that call upon that name would be saved so there is room for those that call on Allah too. And since it says "everyone" you got wiggle room for death bed calling on that name if we take the scripture literally, plus some one can call on yahway, yawih, and all sorts of renderings too.

• dgp
    dgp

I am with greenie here. Do you think there is any relationship between your not believing that only JW's would be saved and your eventually leaving the organization? I also agree that it could have to do with your thinking out of the box.

• e-watchman
    e-watchman

Alright, Boyz, when it gets down to Crunch Time you call on Allah, or try pronouncing YWYH as a coherent proper name, and we'll see what happens. Should be about as effective as calling upon the name of baal.

bobby / http://e-watchman.com

• judge rutherFRAUD
    judge rutherFRAUD

e- watcfhman : are you not that KOOK that ran that quazi wt site from robert King with all your ramblings about all kinds of crap like your the choosen one .? I love to EXPOSE FOOLS

• e-watchman
    e-watchman

e- watcfhman : are you not that KOOK that ran that quazi wt site from robert King with all your ramblings about all kinds of crap like your the choosen one .? I love to EXPOSE FOOLS

Me too. You first.

• garyneal
    garyneal

e-watchman:

Let's see, you say that we should call upon the name of Jehovah in order to be saved. In my prayer group, we have a Wesleyan who when he prays he often says 'Jehovah God.' I've heard that name uttered in a baptist church and a church of God. I understand this name is a Catholic invention. So what do you have to say about all of this?

• garyneal
    garyneal

e-watchman: Are you indeed Robert King or simply an imposter?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit