So how do the "remnant" die?

by bob1999 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bob1999
    bob1999

"The bad will get death and the good will get life based on what they did during their lives, which is written in scrolls that are opened to judge them."

So if you believe that, what do you do with Romans 8:1 or Romans 5:1? I know what you do, you apply them only to the 144,000. Without biblical reason.

What do you do with "all haved sinned and fallen short of the golry of God" and "the wages of sin is death". Don't bother answering. I don't want to hear more WTS BS.

If we are to be judged by what we have done, we will all surely die. But if we believe in Christ we will not die because our faith is seen by God as rightiousness.

I can't believe that a book as easy to understand as the bible is so misunderstood by so many. You're either not trying or your trying too hard.

Peace (Philippians 4:7)

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

So, let me make sure I understand this.

We are all born into sin. Thus we are automatically sinners, no way around that.

Then after we pay the wages of sin, death, we are then resurrected so that we can be judged for how we lived when we were alive.

Then, if we were judged as being "bad", I'm guessing this means "sinful", then we die again, but our soul is cast into hell fire.

So, the wages of sin is not death? And, we are judged for being sinners, but we were born into sin so we had no choice?

Forgive me if I am very confused.

Any JWs out there care to clear this up for me?

• bob1999
    bob1999

"but we were born into sin so we had no choice"

You really need to read Romans 9. This is not our game, played by our rules. God is sovereign, not man.

We are born with the knowledge of good and evil. So we are responsible for our own actions. We are condemned by our own sin, not the sin of others.

The wages of our sin is the SECOND death.

God's free gift is life. We do not deserve life but through God's grace, made possible by the sacrafice of Christ and given to us according to our faith (which is also a gift from God), we will be given life. Not the death that we all deserve.

Peace

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

I just love these JWs with their "if you weren't such an idiot" attitudes.

"but we were born into sin so we had no choice"

You really need to read Romans 9. This is not our game, played by our rules. God is sovereign, not man.

Yes, I have read Romans, about 1,000 times. I've also read Romans chapter 5. "Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned..." Seems pretty clear to me, we are all born into sin because your god chose to punish Adam and Eve's offspring for Adam and Eve's transgressions in the garden of Eden. Not really sure how that was my fault.

We are born with the knowledge of good and evil. So we are responsible for our own actions. We are condemned by our own sin, not the sin of others.

Not according to Romans chapter 5. We are condemned by Adam's sin.

The wages of sin is the SECOND death.

Please tell me where a scripture can be found that says this? Romans 6:23 does not say SECOND death. If the wages of sin is death, then at my death I have paid for my sins, you can't then resurrect me and try me for the sins I just paid for and then condemn me to everlasting punishment.

God's free gift is life. We do not deserve life but through God's grace, made possible by the sacrafice of Christ and given to us according to our faith (which is also a gift from God), we will be given life. Not the death that we all deserve.

Your god claims that we all deserve death because of Adam's rebellion. Sorry, I don't buy that one. I'm not responsible for what the fictional character Adam did or did not do. The whole garden of Eden story makes no sense anyway. Here is how I read it:

"God" has two children and puts them in a garden of pleasure. "God" then allows an evil being, many thousands or millions of years old to have access to his infant children so that the evil being can tempt them into "proving" their love for their father by withstanding a temptation given by the evil being. I'm sorry I have to stop right here.

First, loving parents do not force their children to "prove" their love to them.

Second, NO parent would allow an evil manipulator who is many years older to have access to their small children, the parents would protect their chidlren from this influence.

The entire garden of eden story is nonsense.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

They`ll be Surrounded by Indians..

And..

Die from multiple Arrow Wounds..

• bob1999
    bob1999

" Not really sure how that was my fault."

Our own sin is our own fault.

"If the wages of sin is death, then at my death I have paid for my sins, you can't then resurrect me and try me for the sins I just paid for and then condemn me to everlasting punishment."

Where does the bible say that physical death pays for our sins?

Physical death might pay for Adam's sin but not our own sin.

I am not and have never been a JW.

I had more to say but I just realized you are a non-believer.

Sorry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit