So how do the "remnant" die?

by bob1999 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bob1999
    bob1999

According to the "new" light of the WTS some of the "remant" will still be alive when Armageddon breaks out.

On page 352 of the book "You may survive armegeddon onto God's new world" it says that the remnant has to die so they can be resurrected with a "sprirual body".

This sounds like yet another doctrinal discrepancy to me.

Peace

• White Dove
    White Dove

The Bible says they don't taste death at all but will be changed in the twinkling of an eye. Something about putting on uncorruptibility where once it had been corruptible.

• bob1999
    bob1999

I'm sorry. I meant according to the WTS how do the remnant die?

Peace

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yeah, they are supposed to drop dead when JH is ready for them to be in heaven. The ones who didn't die in the old system die after getting into the new system. Messed up, isn't it? But that is what I was taught.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

If everyone else dies....what is left is "the remnant".

So it makes no sense that the remnant would die.

Aren't they supposed to undergo some sort of "transformation" to an incorruptible body?

• bob1999
    bob1999

Here's the quote from the book. I hate typing but I do it for you. :-)

It's talking about how the "great crowd" will not die in the big "A", and how they will live on, on earth.

then it says "True, the remnant of the "little flock" of Christ's joint heir must follow his steps down into death, proving faithful until death in vindication of Jehovah's sovereign will.

They must lay aside blood, flesh and bone, in order to be resurrected a "spiritual body" and be "conformed to his glorious body", for a "spirit does not have flesh and bones" and "flesh and blood cannot inherit God's kingdon"."

So I guess the WTS is saying that they live through the big "A" just to be made dead by God so they then can be resurrected????

Peace

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Don't they all float up in some arena on Renewal and then burst into flames? Maybe I was thinking of something else...

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

They no longer have to die. Noo Lite completely replaces old light. It's as if they never even said the remnant has to die.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

This is brilliant. Another one of those teachings based on what they don't understand.

Well, just in case someone actually wants to know how it works. The remnant NEVER DIE. They have to be symbolically faithful to earn their place but those living when Christ returns never die.

Now Armageddon is complicated for the WTS because they think Jesus and the 144,000 will rule from heaven. But in fact, Jesus will return in the flesh to the earth and the 144,000 rule in the earth. Now doesn't that make sense? 1000 years of ruling and they aren't even here? No. Jehovah is not that disorganized.

Thus, if Jesus is in the flesh and is going to rule on the earth for the 1000 years, there is no need for the remnant to physically die after Armageddon. They will survive Armageddon and live on until the end of the 1000 years. Then Satan will be let loose, who will cause a rebellion against Christ and the anointed on the earth. Satan and the rebels will be killed and cast into the lake of fire. THEN, JUDGMENT DAY! The 144,000 will be judges of mankind. All mankind who ever lived, even those who died at Armageddon will return, both the good and bad and be judged. The bad will get death and the good will get life based on what they did during their lives, which is written in scrolls that are opened to judge them.

THEN, after Judgment Day, after there is no more death and everyone alive is chosen for eternal life, it is then at that time the work of Christ and the 144,000 will be complete and then all of them TOGETHER will then be transformed in the twinkling of an eye.

Read 1 Thess 4:17 says... " 17 Afterward we the living who are surviving will, together with them, be caught away in clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and thus we shall always be with [the] Lord."

That's the key word here: TOGETHER!

You see, the WTS has some of them going to heaven already and leaving the remnant on the earth with an awkward time to die to join the rest of the 144,000 up in heaven!. HA!! How can they all be changed "together" at the same time if some of them are supposed to be up in heaven already? No way.

Jehovah has cast them into spiritual darkness and so this is an example of it. The "antichrist" will claim Christ does not return in the flesh and that is exactly what the WTS teaches and because of that, they don't understand when the remnant dies.

Thanks for noticing this totally does not work!

LS

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

They must lay aside blood, flesh and bone, in order to be resurrected a "spiritual body" and be "conformed to his glorious body", for a "spirit does not have flesh and bones" and "flesh and blood cannot inherit God's kingdon"."

Some one is going to get the kool aide, hopefully.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit