14 year old JW boy, dies after refusing blood transfusion

by digderidoo 16 Replies latest watchtower medical

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

welcome to the forum lostgeneration.

Paul

• booby
    booby

responding to Tuesday. My opinion only, but having been there in memory of my own childhood and having had two children of my own, I truly believe that "at least most" did not "leave" at that age. They may have rebelled at the control etc. but "I" (realize that this is my opinion) do not feel that they have the maturity to make a decision like that (leaving or blood) . The vast majority of JW kids have not even made the truth their own till somewhat later in life. Why do most challenge the idea of a 14 year old taking on the decision of dedication and baptism? I realize that this is only my opinion and a highly subjective area. I also get a chuckle when reading how Russell did all the adult things (getting into the family busuness, going on buying trips, etc.) Maybe part of the business sweeping up the warehouse, would be more like it. I make these observations as on old fart, with the knowledge of the diversity of people and all, but 14 is very early in the maturation of an individual.

• JWoods
    JWoods

+++ on booby. The only reason a 14-year old would make a contrary decision to the Witnesses/Parents is natural teenage rebellion...not an adult intellectual choice on their own.

Faced with a life-threatening matter, they would go to church and family - who are supposed to protect them. And who manifestly did not in this case.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Here is the thing, somehow, this child believed with all his heart, with total conviction that a dietary restriction put forth by Jewish law over 2000 years ago meant that he could not take blood into his body to save his life in a medical procedure.

And somehow the people in this child life were OK with this !!!!

I child died because of a dietary restriction that not even the people that CREATED IT say that it has anything to do with the medical procedure !

• moshe
    moshe

I was upset back in 2007, too. I called one of the JW's mentioned in the story and had a conversation with him. At first he was defensive about JW's being right- and then after I put him through the wringer- moshe knows how- he admitted he had never thought about Jewish hospitals giving blood transfusions or that a blood transfusion won't save the life of a starving man- so it's not really the same as the OT prohibition on eating blood- which the Jews already know. He had to get off the phone when I told him that the WT and it's followers will suffer divine punishment over their bloodguilt crimes for the death of perhaps thousands of JW's and their children. I don't think he had a good day.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

At what age does a child not have the right to make this decision here in the states? At what age does the court step in and make the decision?

http://144000.110mb.com/144000/index.html#I

• parakeet
    parakeet

Tuesday: I think that 14 is bordering on an age where a child can make a rational decision.

My parents dragged me into the cult when I was thirteen. I was still as braindead when I was fourteen. Not even borderline rational.

That boy died because of the WTS and his braindead parents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit