Do you like unexpected visitors?

by highdose 25 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    No, I don't like it. It seems people come by when everything is a mess and I haven't cleaned in weeks. But, no one ever comes to visit when everything is in order,including myself.

Me too!

• Open mind
    Open mind

Normally we'd rather have a little advance notice.

Of course, we gladly receive unannounced visits from the "Gifts in Men" who have been appointed by Holy Spirit to follow it's "leading" and stop by whenever they can squeeze it into their schedule. We greatly appreciate the sacrifices these men have made and continue to make in our behalf and would never want to be the cause of them doing their work "with sighing". Our book, music and video collections are available 24/7 for elder inspection as well. Hey, if Jesus knocked, we'd want to be ready for Him right? Well, the elders are pretty much the same as Jesus/Jehovah when it comes right down to it.

Oh, one of the elders is a single MTS grad? Hey, brother, it would be an honor for me to offer to have my wife wash your personal laundry. Would you please grant us that privilege of service?

*Gotta see the oral surgeon later today. Tongue seems to be permanently attached to cheek.*

om

• brainwashed-from-birth
  • nelly136
    nelly136

depend who they are, depends what time they decide to descend.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Usually not and depends on what time of day and who it is. Even my Mom knows to call first before coming over. I tend to slam the door shut after a very curt, " not interested." If its a neighbor, it usually means they need help with something....which is not a problem. We all know each other pretty well and don't pester.

After spending years dealing with the public and their problems, calls, etc. I cherish my privacy. The best invention was caller ID. I couldn't live without it. I refuse to carry a cell phone. If I'm out shopping etc., leave a message, I'm busy...it can wait an hour or until the next day.

I don't know what all this cell phone usage is. I can see it for emergencies, but all this yapping while in a car, at a restaurant, shopping, it seems ridiculous... and the cost!!!!! Texting, twittering, etc.....how do people stay focused on anything?

OK, sorry for the rant.

r.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I don't know what all this cell phone usage is. I can see it for emergencies, but all this yapping while in a car, at a restaurant, shopping, it seems ridiculous... and the cost!!!!! Texting, twittering, etc.....how do people stay focused on anything?

I have one I carry only occasionally. It's for emergencies and for my convenience. I'll be damned if I pay so that someone else can have me on a leash. If I'm not using it I leave it turned off. I don't text or twitter. I recently reactivated my Facebook account only to keep in touch with family out of town. It's cheaper than long distance, but even then it's grossly overused. I really don't need to know every time someone eats, watches TV, burps, or adjusts his jockstrap.

People love to talk all the time, but rarely have anything worth saying.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit