I Need To Vent...

by LisaK 13 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaK
    LisaK

They found me. I went to the grocery store yesterday, and an old congregation member was hiding in the parking lot passing out WT's. (End of the month you know, gotta log all those placements for your service report) I don't know HOW they found me, but she said "I heard you're living over on so-and-so street?" I blasted her, and walked away, SHE FOLLOWED ME. Aaarrrghhh! To my home. I got out of the car and she was at the end of my driveway still trying to talk to me. I told her to leave. She did, but THEN 2 ELDERS from the local congregation showed up this morning during breakfast. I felt that old feeling, feeling like I was hiding. (Remember HBH? Home but hiding?) Any suggestions for facing these folks with a strong will. I feel like such a wimp. Happy New Year everyone..............lk

• rhett
    rhett

Are you doing anything wrong? Do you have anything to hide? Just remember, they're the ones in the cult. Also, tell them if you're ever followed anywhere again you will be in touch with law enforcement to report their stalking. One other thing I'd suggest go buy any CD's by The Who that have Baba O'Riley on them. There's a pretty verse in there that nicely sums up how I personally feel about the JW's. Just remember, they're not going to be there to try to help you, they're there to get dirt against you and probally DF you. No matter what, just remember they're the cult members and you haven't done anything wrong.

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

• COMF
    COMF

Why were you ugly to her?

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Two words babe...RESTRAINING ORDER pronto

Read CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE by Former Governing Body Member RAY FRANZ

* http://freeminds.org/sales/most_burned.htm

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

You don't have to talk to them, you don't have to let them in your home, you don't have to explain anything to them. They only have whatever authority over you that you allow them to have.

Send a letter by registered mail to the congregation stating that you do not wish to be contacted at the present time. If they don't respect your wishes, then send a registered letter to your local branch office. Likely this will be sufficient.

Path

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Lisa, if it were me and they followed me home like that. I would tell them that I found it very rude of them to do so, and also tell them if they come back univited I will call the police. You could also tell them that you keep a tape recorder on your person and that might keep them away.

Lilacs

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent
    Eleanor Roosevelt
  • Mindchild
    Mindchild

Oh, I wish I was in your shoes knowing what I know now...

Let me think, I would start by buying a bunch of blue Smurfs and putting those in plain view in the front window. I would have a sign on my front door that reads: Dear Jehovah's Witnesses, before you knock again on my door,please remove any watches, rings, and other jewelry because my pitbull has a difficult time digesting such items!

You might also try putting a larger sign on your front lawn that reads; Site of 2002 World Apostate Convention. But of course at times I enjoy letting them knock and having a lot of fun with them.

I'm sure though Lisa, that if any exdubs on this board live near you, they would be glad to give you a hand personally in getting rid of these pests.

Kind Regards,

Skipper

• GoldDustWoman
    GoldDustWoman

Ahhhhh yes!

The shopping center parking lot, where I shop, was also teeming with WatchTower toting women and children on the morning of December 31st. Looking at those little girls sadly reminded me of when I used to go door to door with the ONE other witness girl at my school.

I also noticed witnesses at other busy public places around town.

I'm with Lilacs. Either back off or I'm calling the police.

GDW (formerly Andee)

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

This is unbelievable. Why do they think they have a right to follow you?

Sheesh.....maybe you should just go where they're doing their magazine pushing and stand right beside them holding a sign saying "Please be careful. The person next to me is a cultist who wants to recruit you."

• anewperson
    anewperson

To get them off your back make copies of the following (in its entirety or just selected parts), roll those copies up and rubber-band them then drive by in the evening and toss them onto the sidewalk leading up the homes of the nosey sister, the elders, maybe the kingdom hall and a few other people. They'll then leave you alone or you can get more out to other JWs. Neat, huh

LOVING OUR JEHOVAH'S WITNESS FAMILY & FRIENDS, we're informing the congregation and public with documentated facts that expose misleadership by the Watchtower Society (WTS) heads over our JW loved ones:

WTS heads denounced the UN as ungodly even while the WTS was a Non-Government Organization of the UN 1991-0ct 2001 & this was far more than just using the UN's libary as proved by AWAKE articles Nov 22, 1998 in particular and http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,574134,00.html
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,565005,00.html
    http://www.thetablet.co.uk/cgi-bin/archive_db.cgi?tablet-00577

Acts 15:20 says abstain from blood but 1 Samuel 14:32-5 says Saul's army ate unBLED meat to not starve and no verses show God not forgiving them plus in Matthew 7 Christ says God also forgave David's eating temple holy bread and that God wants Mercy Not Sacrifice. The May 22, 1994 Awake tells of 26 JW children who died without transfusions, and common sense tells that in extremely massive bleeding as in car wrecks blood expanders won't save lives (ajwrb.org). An estimated 3 JWs die daily earthwide from the WTS’s unscriptural policy (Blood On The Altar, David Reed), forgotten by many but not God!

Christ said families would be divided by some members doing good and others doing wrongs but never ever advocated destruction of families. 1 Corinthians 6:1 only says judge "trivial" things as in business, James 2:4-13 calls judging harmful, and Paul says the "majority" (2 Cor 2:6), followed his advice to shun a wrongdoer, meaning a minority chose not to and yet he nowhere condemns them. So we ask why the formal Judicial Committes destroying families via their numerous formal renderings of disfellowshipment?

All members are told to report on each other though the Bible condemns busy-bodying. Page 302 in the Daniel book and pages 88 and 651 in the Proclaimers book show photos of the Knights Templar swords and the cross-with-crown-and-wreath used by Masons who sometimes use "Theocratic Warfare" tactics to change members' personalities on early WTS’s literature. Some old Watchtower books also have the winged sun god Ra on front covers - never a Christian symbol. Nor are regular JWs allowed to read Judicial Committee "sin files" on themselves, many not knowing they exist; often with misinformation.(photos: freeminds.org) See also picture of Pay Attention To Yourselves And All The Flock book on p 232 of the Insight book that elders have but which non-elders are not allowed to read.

Verses say don't forget the poor (Galatians 2:10), give free (Mat 10:8), and Christ helped the hungry and sick, so why ask donations at doors since, as the New World translation puts it, "we're not peddlars of God's word" (2 Cor 2:17, New World)? 2 Tim 5:8 condemns those uncaring of their own so why after 120 years do WTS heads not have for the needy among JWs & others regular food-clothing collections, soup kitchens, hospitals, nursing homes--only token literacy classes, short term disaster relief committees existing briefly after disasters? What our hands do to help people is a greater witness than our mouths.

Doctrinally Watchtower leaders admit Christ was likely born about Oct 2, so why ignore he was conceived 9 months before which means late December. Why insist Christmas is from the pagan Saturnalia when John 10:22-3 says Christ also celebrated the Festival of Dedication or Lights, i.e. Hannukah, which first began Dec 25 but has varied since because lunar-based? Don't Job 1:3, 3:1 and 3:3 (you must read all 3 verses) show Job's kids celebrated birthdays? Didn't angels celebrate Christ's birth? Why call "compromises" those holidays that attacked and replaced paganisms? Doesn’t Colossians 12:16 says let none judge you about a holiday. WTS heads say the Trinity is believing Father, Son, Spirit are 1 "identical" person yet not all but many churches accept it as 3 totally different entities or persons forming 1 "Godship" as Ro 1:20 says in the New World Translation. WTS heads don't note Son and Spirit can share inherited age, power, knowledge from God just as an acorn may be only 1 day old but also have its genes inheriting its ancestral oak tree's age, capacity and information. WTS heads say a stake not a cross slew Christ though the Greek stauros can mean either cross or stake, crucified human remains and inscriptions by archaeologists show it was a cross, Dr F Zugibe's research shows suffocation would be in minutes if on a stake but in hours if on outstretched cross even as Luke 23:44 and Matthew 27:45-6 say. They teach a cross is a repugnant murder weapon but Paul said boast in the stauros as a symbol of resurrection over death. (Ga 6:14, 1Cor 1:17-18)

Watchtower heads say we must use Jehovah or variations of God’s formal name (Yahweh, Jah etc) but Christ says call God “Our Father” (Mat 5:9) and Paul (Romans 8:15) also says call God “Father” for closeness so why overstress only 1 certain formal form? To hallow Our Father’s name is to glorify His personage for example by kind deeds but top WTS leaders brought disrepute on Jehovah's name often mispredicting dates for Armageddon or the Kingdom as shown in the dark green Proclaimers history (see index for dates) and some have even informally tried linking Terrorism attacks to Armageddon! Didn’t Christ say "no one" knows the hour or day of the end and isn’t mispredicting a vain usage of God’s name that keeps bringing reproach. See Ex 20:7, Deu 18:22.

Regular members exposed Nazis but few know Germany’s Watchtower head Eric Frost betrayed them to Nazis. (www.observer.org) Betrayed during the Cold War, many East European JWs formed a highly conservative association in 1962. A Free Christians movement of mostly ex-JWs fellowships based on LOVE and Heb 6:1-2 basics. Associating independent cooperative Bible Groups (Active Christians of Jah etc) teach resurrection on Earth and to heaven but drop bad WTS policies: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jahchristian[email protected]

Horrible but facts: Leo Greenlees was a child molester whom fellow Governing Body members over JWs reassigned but never disfellowshipped (excommunicated) in the 1980s, and to date child abuse by Watchtower Society (WTS) associates is still officially covered up, causing costly destructive court costs and reproach including articles in Christianity Today, investigations by Dateline NBC etc. For copies of letters to the Bodies Of Elders regular members aren't shown including on child abuse see: www.silentlambs.org, freeminds.org, observer.org.

Some members have reported elders resorting to physical harassment (poking, shoving etc), hinting "Jehovah’s eyes are everywhere" and giving details of the members’ most private conversations and bedroom doings with their own marriage mates. WTS heads put out articles saying for elders not to “police” the bedrooms in 1978 but later in a talk (but not in writing) in 1983 told regular members "The Practice" of some marital intimacies can lead to Expulsion. (discussed on Jehovahs-Witness.com) Some regular JWs absent that evening have been "expelled" (harassed/trained) without clearly aware why. Contrast this to the pedophilia coverups. The "Insight" books by the WTS have articles on all Bible books except the Song of Solomon (also called Canticles) which has much positive marital imagery out of line with the Gov Body’s views of what is “holy.” Instructed to keep such things "in-house" when asked most elders deny the 1983-onwards policy in order to protect the Governing Body.

All who put God foremost remember it's best to worship and do His will, and Christ is the Most faithful, discrete slave, not an unrepentant Governing Body of men in Brooklyn. This isn’t an attack on “JWs” but the “Watchtower” misleadership over JWs who include our loved ones! Our loved ones are told they must not read this material if given it by hand, but when e/mailed it most do quietly read it, some exit, most feel angry at first then quietly decrease donations to the WTS etc. Please make and share copies of this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit