You Gotta Love Awake "Logic"!

by metatron 28 Replies latest jw friends

• No Longer Held Captive
    No Longer Held Captive

Outlaw, great joke about the devils food cake....loved it, i will remember it and use it.

Jeff, why not 4 mags, then you get an MA.

In scotland you get an MA after 4 years, but only Ba in England, thats why they all come across the Border.....so, why not 4 awake mags, and two wts, after the two wts you can get the phd.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

If Satan had enough power to make some kind of star thingee, then why didn't he just hire a private dick to tail him, or he could have hired an assassin to put a spear through his scull.

LD

• Chalam
    Chalam

It concludes that the "star was from an evil source, most likely Satan the Devil" ( pg 11).

Dude, where do they get this stuff?!

I agree with minimus

I didn't know Satan could actually create a star. See....Satan can make stars, comets, the moon, the sun, a planet.....

The WT glorify Satan, give him power that he doesn't have.

They don't like to talk about the One who created the stars :(

Blessings,

Stephen

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

http://www.jwinfoline.com/Documents/Christmas/Was_the_star_of_bethlehem_satans_star.htm

Satan should have sent the star to direct Herod not the wise men. You see the wise men were obedient to Jehovah, but Herod obviously was not.

Joe: The star couldn't have been Jehovah's star. There is no reason to send pagan astrologers to Jesus other then to stir up Herod to try to kill Jesus.

Chris: Joe, if the magi were pawns of Satan and influenced by him, then they would not have obeyed Jehovah's warning in a dream. The fact that they obeyed Jehovah proves that they were sent by him.

Joe: So, they obeyed him that proves nothing.

Chris: Jehovah could easily have stopped the wise men from finding Jesus just as He stopped Herod from finding Jesus. But the wise men provided something for his Son that was needed because of an important prophecy.

Joe: What do you mean?

Chris: Matthew 2:15 quotes a prophecy from Jehovah about His Son being in Egypt. And verse 18 is another prophecy quoted about the death of the young children that would be killed by Herod. It was no surprise to Jehovah that Herod would cause the death of many children in an attempt to kill Jesus. Jehovah already knew this and gave a prophecy to show that He was prepared for this event. How would Jehovah provide protection for Jesus?

Joe: He would send Jesus and his parents into Egypt.

Chris: If Jehovah already knew that his Son would need to go to Egypt just as Jehovah prophecied, what did He prepare to provide financially for his Son in Egypt?

Joe: I've never thought of that question before. I don't know.

Chris: Just think, Joe. The wise men brought very expensive gifts to the young child Jesus. These gifts were worth enough to finance the stay in Egypt of God's Son. These men brought Jehovah's financial provision for Jesus and not until after the magi left were Jesus' parents instructed to flee to Egypt. Now Joe, whose star do you think the star of Bethlehem really was?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have heard that Satan created a light that looks like a star to lead Herod's men to Jesus. But, why? I would think there would have been a simpler way to get the job done, without having to waste all that time creating a star-like light.

And, that would have been a waste of a potential partner. Jesus' message, stripped of its religious addons, is simply that people should do their own thinking and make their own decisions without having anyone else trying to coerce or scam them (such as the religious Establishment). Satan's message was that people should think freely, deciding for themselves what is good and bad, without God interfering. Sounds similar?

• Robert7
    Robert7

Satan is amazing in his planning. Since stars are hundreds or thousands of light-years away, Satan would have have to moved the star thousands of years ago so the light would arrive to Earth in the exact timing with Jesus' birth. Amazing I tell ya.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Look at the marvelous design of the mosquito in sucking blood or the guinea worm that travels thru the blood stream? Or the parasitic liver fluke?

How about dinosaurs, with sharp horns, fangs, canine teeth?

I wonder if there will be dinosaurs in the new system?

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I know a JW who truly believes that Satan created wasps and all the bad stuff.

• wobble
    wobble

Was it really a form of Sat Nav that those wise old guys had ? if so it was a bit off,taking them to bad old Herod first, a bit like the sat navs that drive you into a river.

love

wobble

• Walkin
    Walkin

Why do we talk about this every year as if it was a fact of history? Who wrote this? When did he write this? Where did he get his information from? Did the person read the jewish letters and then put it in his lettter? I don't believe a word of it. Where is the hard and fast truth of it all?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit