You Gotta Love Awake "Logic"!

by metatron 28 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

The Dec. 2009 Awake asks the question, What kind of star led the "wise men" to Jesus? . It concludes that the "star was from an evil source, most likely Satan the Devil" ( pg 11).

I see the logic , yes....... since Herod wanted to kill Jesus, A Great Personage of Pure Evil must be behind the 'star'. Evil stuff gets created and sent forth by a Great Evil Person, OK.

but what about Creation, which is the primary subject of this Awake magazine? Look at the marvelous design of the mosquito in sucking blood or the guinea worm that travels thru the blood stream? Or the parasitic liver fluke?

How about dinosaurs, with sharp horns, fangs, canine teeth? How about the T. Rex? What a marvel of creative power!

I watched a Nat'l Geographic special this week about an ancient crocodile that was as big as a bus and it ate dinosaurs!

What an amazing Creator we must have! What's that you say? Logic compels you to conclude that a Great Personage of Evil must be behind such creatures? That only a mad scientist monster could have made such horrors ? Well, I gotta say this horrible stuff looks way more nasty than that "evil" star thingee. I mean like really over the top, you know?

Ah well, like millions of other Awake readers, I just won't think about it.......

metatron

• dgp
    dgp

My question is, why would the Devil bother? Wasn't Jesus supposed to live anyways, so he could save everyone? Aren't prophecies meant to be fulfilled anyways?

• minimus
    minimus

I didn't know Satan could actually create a star. See....Satan can make stars, comets, the moon, the sun, a planet.....

• dgp
    dgp

Satan could have created the world!

Metatron, have you read the funny story by Mark Twain, the one about intelligent design and the fly? The one about how this wonderful insect was created for the sole purpose of spreading microbes, diseases... ? Mark Twain wonders whether the creator of the fly should be considered intelligent, since so much design went into... a fly?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Satan started out,Baking Cakes..

This is a Devils Food Cake..

Later on,Satan baked..

Evil Stars..

Stunning image of multicolored spots of stars   in deep space, with a center of gleaming white flecks.

&nb

• dissed
    dissed

Everyone knows the star was nothing but a UFO.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Come on now... don't be so sarcastic!

Don't you appreciate the great and loving qualities of our creator?!?!

Consider the loving care that went in to the careful and intelligent design of the birthing process of the Great White Shark. The babies swim around in the mothers womb and kill and eat the smaller weaker baby sharks before the survivors exit the womb. Pure genius!

Praise Jah You People!

The Oracle

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

If I read 2 more Awake articles, I think that qualifies as my B.A. in BS.

They do say reading Awake articles is like getting a college education.... Which anyone who has never been to college can certainly vouch for. (For those who have been to college....... not so sure....)

In other news, reading Mad Magazine can make you funny and witty, and (for the guys) reading Maxim will make you irresistable to women! Reading Good Housekeeping can help you make great crepes..... Thank gawd for magazines.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

That Satan's star explanation never sat right with me. We know how stars are formed. It was one of those little bothersome elements about the Bible that never really sat right with me--but I managed to bury my concern deep enough so that it would never need to be exhumed.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Confirmation bias. If you already believe it, it's a lot easier to accept as true when they say it in every December's mag.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit