Does anyone have PDFs for the Watchtowers of January and February 2010?

by dgp 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

fokyc, Thank you!

• dgp
    dgp

Ninja, I appreciate your humor . My reason for asking for these PDFs is that, elsewhere in the internet, I read that apparently the WTBTS will ask the faithful to be baptized again. The supposed reason is that baptisms before 1985 did not include the pledge of allegiance to the WTBTS, so they want to get that loose end tied. If that information is already out, then I supposed you guys would have those PDFs. I wanted to verify the information. As I have said before, I am a worldly person and I don't have access to those things unless I invite a witness into my home. The witness I was interested in has cut all contact with me, so I can't ask that person for anything.

From the perspective of a worldly person, the fact that such PDF's are out speaks volumes. It means that someone at a high position is decidedly cooperating with "the Apostates". Like I said elsewhere in this forum, I am sure the elder who tried to supervise me would be shocked at knowing that the worldly man he found stupid has a copy of Keep Yourself in God's Love and the Pay Attention to Yourself and whatever.

I'm not interested in studying the Watchtower :-). I am interested in learning more about how the organization controls people. I was amazed at the "suggestions" on how a witness is supposed to use their time. One-sixth of the time for work! How can you adequately support yourself with less than two days of "secular work" a week?

Fokyc, thank you!

I also realize that sometimes I say things in ways that merit a "suggestion". Guys, I was never in and sometimes don't know if I'm stepping on anybody's toes. Sorry.

• Gayle
    Gayle

elsewhere in the internet, I read that apparently the WTBTS will ask the faithful to be baptized again. The supposed reason is that baptisms before 1985 did not include the pledge of allegiance to the WTBTS, so they want to get that loose end tied.

Wow, let us know when you find that in print. I guess that would be some way for them to increase baptisms this next year!! Talking about "double-dipping."

• Lost-In-Translation
    Lost-In-Translation

The WTBS will post PDF downloadable versions of the Watchtower Study magazine articles at the www.jw.org website. I believe the posting will start in January 2010. They will also provide a large- print version of the study articles for those with vision problems. For now they are only putting up the study articles - not the entire Watchtower Study magazine. Perhaps in the future they might start posting the entire magazine since it will give people in remote locations a chance to read the magazines before they arrive in hard copy.

• peacedog
    peacedog

fokyc: Thanks!

• bohm
    bohm

i second that, thank you fokyc!

• yesidid
    yesidid

Thank you, fokyc!

y

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hmmm wouldn't that invalidate my dfing? I was baptized in 1978 and dfed in 85. Wow that would mean I was never a JW!!

If they do this I suspect it would be a way to sift out the people who do not want to commit themselves to an organization

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit