The Revolving Door to Eden

by compound complex 12 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

I was not born in Eden, but close to its entrance.

A little boy's eyes can take in big, wonderful things. He does not fathom their complexity nor why celestial chambers of exquisite delight open wide before his uncomprehending gaze. He is drawn by his heart to what the cosmos have destined him to possess. It is his birthright, long previous recorded by the inscrutable star tenders. They know their business.

Now a man - a somewhat jaded man - yet a man of infinite belief toward that which is invisible to the eyes, I seek the one true essential that is viewed uniquely by the heart. I am east of Eden but seek reentry to her environs. Demons have entered her door, angels have departed ...

It is a revolving door. I seek entrance ...

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

ignorance is bliss. Eden is blissful.

Thats why everyone starts out in Eden.

They dont know anything or any better.

If you want to get back into Eden, you can try a frontal labotomy or a bottle in front of me.

Or you could become a Buddhist and conclude that nothing matters and everything is bliss.

In my daily search for happiness and meaning, I'm not sure we can all have happiness and meaning

maybe its one or the other depending on the mood or time.

But back to happiness, If your intelligent and a thinker and you realize that life has no meaning,

your brain might not be able to make any happy chemicals thinking that way.

So you might have to be smart enough to delude yourself and believe in something that you know just isnt so.

I had 2 witness pioneers stop at my door today, we talked for a while, one of them was happy, just like I was in my 20's when I believed, Before I looked behind the curtain and saw the wizzard.

Actually the Watchtower ripped the curtain open and showed the wizzard to everybody who had eyes back in 1976.

But the young witness pioneer who called on my door today who was 32 was only 2 years old in 1976, So he didnt have eyes to see or a brain to discern the reality that I saw.

So today he was in Eden. He said I could be there to,

I thought, yah if I had a frontal labotomy or a bottle in front of me.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, jag:

Whatever's in the bottle, will you share it with me? I'm departing from a fevered state of many days [pig flu] and get a little confused ...

Your points re: our past religious experiences are spot on. What you say is not wasted on this dreamer. Yet, there does remain the little, wide-eyed boy in me.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

The way in is clearly visible but absolutely blocked to all possible entrance. There is not so much as a tiny chink that would permit a mouse, much less me, through the venerable gates to Paradise. Maybe I just don't have enough faith. Then again, I'm a mere human and can't sneak in and out like the Big Guys ...

I've been content to live among the thistles and thorns of a decadent society, forced as all of us were to eke out an existence in survivable but scarcely pleasant surroundings. It was the life of my parents and that of their parents; it's all I've ever known. One must become inured to less than ideal circumstances if one is to survive in any measure at all.

Never have I considered myself better or worse than my contemporaries; we were dealt a bad hand and truly have had no say in where we were to live. Accordingly, never have we been permitted to rise above our pitiable human condition. Our hearts yearn to be good people. We desire to do right by our fellow man. How many times, however, will a man be slapped down and, yet, continue to have the stomach to resist passively when the gut instinct urges him unequivocally to slap back?

I live east of Eden and don't foresee ever leaving. I'm only human....

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

that was beautiful

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear freeflyingfaerie:

So, too, is your name beautiful! I am always grateful when one responds to my outpourings of the heart (and the mind [occasionally]).

Welcome to the forum!

Sincerely,

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Our hearts yearn to be good people. We desire to do right by our fellow man. How many times, however, will a man be slapped down and, yet, continue to have the stomach to resist passively when the gut instinct urges him unequivocally to slap back?

The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind.

Just kidding.

Hi, CoCo.

I live east of Eden and don't foresee ever leaving. I'm only human...

Once the curse is removed, we will ALL be welcomed back!

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good morning, dear Sylvia:

Thankfully, how and when the "curse" is removed no longer consumes me. Yet, could it really be as simple as what the Bible - unadulterated - teaches [sans the JR/FF twists into fabulous theological gobbledygook]?

Have a great day!

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Yet, could it really be as simple as what the Bible - unadulterated - teaches ...

Just as simple, and as complicated (if we make it) as that!

[sans the JR/FF twists into fabulous theological gobbledygook]?

LOL. Exactly!

Have a great day!

Back atcha!

Sylvia

• goldensky
    goldensky

Dear Compound Complex, your story is very beautiful. I, like many others, love your writing style...

Hello, Snowbird!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit