Are humans programmed to belive in god?

by highdose 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bob1999
    bob1999

"Every atheist I know reveals his/her spiritual (for lack of a better word) nature from time to time. We've just had a hard time discovering the source so far."

While listening to a debate between a believer and an atheist, the atheist was startled by something and said "Oh my God".

So, there you go.

Peace

• Beta Male
  • Balsam
    Balsam

I'm with PSacramento about Buddhism, it is about understanding there is more on the invisible level like after death life continues. But they don't say we need to worship anything because all are created divine only we don't remember those past lives or spiritual times between physical lives.

• Perry
    Perry

Yes. There has never been a culture discovered that was without a religion.

Many people believe that you can spend your entire life trying to gratify yourself with every possible object of satisfaction and you will still feel a huge empty hole in your soul. I believe this to be true. It is a hole only God can fill.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

thanks for posting BetaMale

We are programmed for survival

• frankiespeakin
  • ziddina
    ziddina

Elsewhere wrote: "Interestingly, the less religious a population, the lower the crime rates..."

LOVE it!

bob1999 - "Oh my God" - that believer was grasping at straws. "Ohmygod" is a 'cuss' phrase...

Zid

jk

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yup... technically saying "oh my gawd" is an act of blasphemy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit