Why do the Churches teach Adam was created perfect?

by acolytes 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Hmmmm, the serpent was the good guy and God was the bad guy?

Hmmm, while Adam and Eve obyed God they had everything they wanted and didn't knwo they were naked, after they disobeyd they walked around with poison ivy on their loins and wearing animal skins.

They were living in harmony with nature then they were getting their ass kicked by nature....

Yep, that worked out real well for them !

The Snake for President !!!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

By the way, dos the OT or NT say anywhere that Adam was perfect?

I know the WT claims that, but is it said anywhere?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> Hmmm, while Adam and Eve obyed God they had everything they wanted and didn't knwo they were naked, after they disobeyd they walked around with poison ivy on their loins and wearing animal skins.

That's right. The god said: Do as I say or I'll make your life a living hell. Kind of reminds me of a Dictator or a Cult Leader. If you do what they say, they make your life really nice. If you don't, they make things very difficult for you.

The serpent told the humans the truth, freed them from ignorance and allowed them to live with freedom. The god was the cruel dictator who caused them to die because it was afraid of them.

• moshe
    moshe

Elsewhere, you laid it out what happened to Adam and Eve in a very logical fashion. Thanks.

The only question is, when God said they would surely die, did God mean immediately, like a poisonous snake bite, or die later ? Like so many things in the Bible, it is open to interpretation.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

QUOTE: That's right. The god said: Do as I say or I'll make your life a living hell. Kind of reminds me of a Dictator or a Cult Leader. If you do what they say, they make your life really nice. If you don't, they make things very difficult for you.

The serpent told the humans the truth, freed them from ignorance and allowed them to live with freedom. The god was the cruel dictator who caused them to die because it was afraid of them.

You do have an interesting view of God and the Genesis story.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Like so many things in the Bible, it is open to interpretation.

I have to disagree with that. The bible is very clear that humans were denied immortality. No where does the bible explicitly say humans were created immortal.

With this in mind, it is very obvious that the god of the bible views humans the same way it views animals. We know this because the god offered animals as a marriage mate to Adam. It wasn't until Adam failed to choose a beast as a mate that the god created Eve.

Gen 2:18 The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."
    19 Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds of the air and all the beasts of the field.
    But for Adam no suitable helper was found. 21 So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs [i] and closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib [j] he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.
    23 The man said,
    "This is now bone of my bones
    and flesh of my flesh;
    she shall be called 'woman, [k] '
    for she was taken out of man."
    24 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

Because animals are not immortal, and there is nothing in the bible about them loosing immortatlity, we must also conclude that humans were also not created immortal.

According to the bible, the only difference between humans and animals is none of the animals ate from the Tree of Knowledge. This is why no animal has realized that it is naked and attempted to cloth itself.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Well, if we are to take this part in a "literal sense":

26 Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, b and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created man in his own image,

in the image of God he created him;

male and female he created them.

Then we can say that they were created immortal as God and his were.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

That does not say humans were created immortal. It says humans were created "in our image, in our likeness".

All that says is that humans LOOK like the gods.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Quote:

That does not say humans were created immortal. It says humans were created "in our image, in our likeness".

All that says is that humans LOOK like the gods.

Actually, "in our image' in our likeness" applies to ALL the qualities they posses.

There is no reason to think it applied only to their "look".

But again, we are just specualting about the meaning of a story.

• acolytes
    acolytes

Actually I always thought man was created in Gods image untill he ate of the fruit Genesis3v5....ye shall be as Gods knowing good and evil" Now Adam became in Gods likeness-

Acolytes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit