How did Adam sin?

by acolytes 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• acolytes
    acolytes

Actually PS acramento

I disagree-Also it doesnt say.... 17 If in the day."....It says ...For in the day you eat"

You must not shoot your yourself in the head for when you shoot yourself in the head you will surely die" That in my mind mind is good advise not a commandment.

I think Adam had freewill and exercised his right to use that freewill and die with his LOVE-(Eve)

Acolytes

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Acolyotes,

Yes Adam used his free will, that is not an issue of contention, indeed that was what made it a "sin".

He knew it was "wrong" ( against God's command) and he knew the consequences and did it anyways.

The core definition of "sin".

As for the use of what was said:

"For in the day that you eat from it, you will surely die"

For in the day comes from the hebrew root word: yowm

1) day, time, year

a) day (as opposed to night)

b) day (24 hour period)

1) as defined by evening and morning in Genesis 1

2) as a division of time

a) a working day, a day's journey

c) days, lifetime (pl.)

d) time, period (general)

e) year

f) temporal references

1) today

2) yesterday

3) tomorrow

It referes to a "period in time", one can argue that God is showing how he knew that Adam was goning to do it anyway (God's Omniscience), but still wanred him not to.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Adam took the Last..

Cold Beer in the Fridge!..

Was Appalled!!..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• acolytes
    acolytes

Maybe you are right PSacramento. Only I dont see it like that-

Acolytes

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

acolytes,

I am not sure what you are disgreeing on...are you saying it wasn't a command by God?

• acolytes
    acolytes

PSacramenyo

Iam saying he was commanded by God not to do it, unless he was prepared to pay the consequences. And he chose to pay the consequences.

The consequences were clearly beyound Adams comprehension. He didnt die on that day with his dearly beloved Eve.....the rest is history.

How long can a person live without love? Without water a person can survive a week? Maybe Adam started dying because his ability to love perfectly was destroyed by what happened.

How long do you think a person can live without loving in the perfect sence. Maybe thats why we die? But I personally do not see how Adam disobayed God.

Goodnight from Sweden (Acolytes)

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

acolytes,

Well, he disobeyed because God told him NOT to do it, that is the disobedience.

The "sin" came from his use of his free will to do what he knew was wrong and against God's commandment.

You bring up his love for Eve, but there is no indication that Adam ate the apple t o please Eve or because he loved her so and wanted to be with her.

6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.

and after God confronts him:

11 And he said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?”

12 The man said, “The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”

No where is their indication of "love" being the reason for disobdience, they BOTH knew it was wrong and they BOTh knew the consequences and they BOTH did it KNOWING it was wrong, hence: Sin.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

No other surviving written records from Egypt, Assyria, etc., indisputably referring to the stories of the Bible or its main characters before ca. 850s BCE have been found, [ 89 ] [ 90 ] and there is no known physical evidence (such as pottery shards or stone tablets) to corroborate Moses' existence. [ 91 ] [ 92 ]

Moses wrote Genesis. Why should you even believe it if there is no corraborating evidence for it? Should you take the word of one person whose existence is dubious?

Through many years and many translations, don't you ever suppose that others along the way have rewritten history for their own advantage of controlling people using mystery and irrationality?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit