Fun Game !

by iknowall558 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• iknowall558
  • iknowall558
    iknowall558

GRAB THE NEAREST BOOK TO YOU........Go to PAGE 55 and the 4TH SENTENCE. Type it as your post. Make sure it is the NEAREST BOOK TO YOU and dont go hunting for the coolest one or your favourite one.

My contribution : -

"He had kicked off his slippers to warm his feet, and thus become his old slow thinking self as he read this advertisement, which was for a washing-machine."

From my 8yr olds school homework book 'The Magic Carpet Slippers' by Dick King Smith'.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

"It's the same kind of appointment you would routinely make with a doctor or with an important client at work."

From Clutter Control -- Putting Your House on a Diet, by Jeff Campbell. (talking about the psychology of clutter).

Snakes (RIch )

The book was on my somewhat cluttered desk....

• cantleave
    cantleave

"To measure movement we use speed."

From my sons "Science Encyclopedia" published by Parragon. It just so happens it was on the table next to me.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

'If they are already registered in whois, just specify their whois "handle" (a unique alphanumeric ID) in the registration.'

-DNS and Bind, Albitz & Liu

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

I have two books on my desk stacked one on top of the other. The technical closest by the nearest corner:

"Using guards, we can perform simple tests and comparisons on the variables in a pattern." - Programming Erlang, Software for a Concurrent World

And the runner up:

"This Process Group involves coordinating people and resources, as well as integrating and performing the activities of the project in accordance with the project management plan." - A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, Third Edition

Damn I read boring books.

- Lime

• John Doe
    John Doe

Here by the moorway you returned,

And saw the borough lights ahead

That lit your face--all undiscerned

To be in a week the face of the dead,

And you told of the charm of that haloed view

That never again would beam on you.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

^ You are a constant source of interest, JD

• doublelife
    doublelife

"I wasn't sure if I didn't prefer being ignored."

From Twilight, by Stephenie Meyer

• poppers
    poppers

"Half a dozen brats turned with expressions of derision, and Lyra threw her cigarette down, recognizing the cue for a fight." The Golden Compass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit