I noticed at the meeting that JW's are very negative

by Iwonder17 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jambon1
    jambon1

Jehovahs Witnesses have no reason to be happy.

One of the reasons I left was due to the overwhelmingly negaitive outlook of everyone that was my friend at the time. It's like they are addicted to misery. I began to see that this was how my non-jw family viewed me. As a really downbeat, negative person.

4 years later, I have had to stop my small children from attending the meetings because one of my kids (7) went on a rant about all sorts of stuff that simply shouldn't be on anyones mind, never mind a 7 year old. I'm hoping that I have saved her mental outlook from being damaged in years to come.

The Good news? Pffft. You can shove it right up your arse!

• sacolton
    sacolton

They aren't negative ...

They are POSITIVELY NEGATIVE!

The big shock to most ex-JWs when attending a Christendom church is that it is UPLIFTING! There is live band music, praise and glory, and a deep spiritual connection. The sermons boost morale and share a positive message. It is the opposite of what you would experience at the Kingdom Hall.

• Alco Cop
    Alco Cop

I also was raised as a JW. My Dad was an elder, two of my brothers were elders and one was a ms. I got out in the past two years and it's incredible how many good, truly good, honest, happy people there are "in the world". My wife and I have an on-going joke between us that when we see someone that just looks mean, or miserable, one of us says, "they must be a JW" or "I think they're studying with JWs". They are not a happy group of people and in spite of what they preach they don't have a great deal of LOVE among themselves.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I really noticed this negativity in my parents once I left home to go to College and then after I began working. Every time we'd come home to visit there was nothing positive coming from them, especially my Mom. Everything was bad. As an example, for my parents, they have the 'Earthly hope' of living forever without their children and most of their family. How could anyone be happy with that to look forward to? Forever is a very, very long time!

I pointed out to my father this past summer that the JWs have been predicting the coming of Armageddon for over 130 years now and that when it doesn't come 'soon' they lose credibility. I said to him they need to stop saying it's coming soon. His reply to me was 'Too much doom and gloom?' I said 'Yes'.

I've also noticed a formula of negativity in their writing. It's all good until you hit about 1/3 of the way through the article... then it all goes south after that. It gets tiresome. I had/have much better things to read than their stuff.

• JWoods
    JWoods

One thing to remember is that probably a majority of people who are drawn to this cult are themselves already (before the JW experience) very negative people with very serious social problems. And they are being preached to by the previous versions of such antisocials.

This becomes a recursion loop of the negative - the negative attitude reinforces itself to only beget more negativity.

The whining convention of the hypochrondiacs - all chiming in order, oh - look how sick everyone is except for us.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

The whining convention of the hypochrondiacs - all chiming in order, oh - look how sick everyone is except for us.

That's a great one sentence desription of the assemblies!

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

That is the sign of a dead congregation; that's happened to me .

I moved to a new and vibrant congregation- and all has changed for the Better!

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I'm talking about what they print in the literature.

The society is negative about everything but themselves!

• JWoods
    JWoods

Probably the new poster should realize that always the WTS doctrine has been to NOT be changing from one congregation to another for personal, social, or status reasons.

For example, here in Dallas there has long been a JW kingdom hall on the corner of Mockingbird Lane and Lemmon Ave. This was the "Highland Park Congregation." Highland Park is "millionaires row" here in Dallas - the most exclusive public and private schools, biggest churches, the street after street of fantastic mansions, etc.

So many people tried to drive to this KH from miles away for status reasons (people who lived nowhere near the exclusive Highland Park) - that there was strict public instruction given to go to the KH in the neighborhood where one lived.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Noticing the negativity is a great Positive sign ! It means that one has started to think and to see "The World" for what it is. Not great, not even good all the time, but normal for the experience of humanity over the past millennia. It is full of people and people are just ...well! people..of all sorts and dispositions.

I fear that theMadJW will soon find out that the lovely new congregation has flaws the same as the old one. Then its time to move on again, searching for the Holy Grail that is Christian Love among Jehovah's Witnesses

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit