I'm already starting to feel normal

by doublelife 16 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

I LOVE Christmas. I am not a Christian, I do not believe that Christ is what the religionists claim. When I celebrate Christmas I am celebrating the fact that I have the friends and family that I have and life is joyous.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

Today was my 1st time EVER saying

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

That is a small step, but it just makes me feel like I'm OK...not getting struck by lightening or anything. -hahahaha

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

This thread is a joy to read. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

Ada

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanksgiving is wrong because in the Garden of Eden, Satan spoke through a turkey and deceived Eve bringing sin and death to all humanity. So, Turkey Day is as evil as Halloween. Really.

• Open mind
    Open mind

We will be celebrating Un-Thanksgiving with extended JW family along with a big turkey and all the fixings......................

on Friday of course.

om

• JAFO
    JAFO

WTF? Ok.. I'm an Aussie, so we never really heard about this Thanksgiving ban back when I was a cult member.. can somebody explain to me just what the bOrgs problem is with Thanksgiving, please?

Edit: never mind.. did some more reading, I get it now.. just more dumb-ass spoilsport excuses really..

• flipper
    flipper

DOUBLELIFE- That is great you are starting to feel " normal " again ! Jehovah's Witnesses don't understand the actual MEANING of WHAT is normal ! So I'm glad your real , authentic self is experiencing some freedom and happiness this weekend ! Enjoy the time with your aunt and may you continue to feel more normal with your freedom in the weeks and years ahead ! Freedom of mind is a fantastic thing , isn't it ? Peace out,, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit