My husband is not going to divorce me after all!

by doublelife 24 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert

Could you get your husband to read "Crisis of Conscience" by Ray Franz?

If he could read it with an open mind, he would see the hypocricy in the organization and how the Watchtower Society is not the "faithfull and discreet slave".

Hubert

• cattails
    cattails

That is what my wife does when she wants something from me!

(And that's probably why your username is HappyGuy! :-)

• doublelife
    doublelife

hubert,

Probably not. His dad has read the book and when my husband found it, he tried to turn him into the elders for apostasy. But, he wasn't able to get the book away from his dad for proof. The proof would have been that his dad's handwriting was in the book. All that happened before we met. Come to think of it, I wonder if his dad post on here. He used to be an elder but now he is inactive. He told someone recently that he'll never go back because he has a problem with the way things are organized.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi DL,

Sounds like things are going well :)

The game might be up with your husband asking questions but unless they have "2 or 3 witnesses" they can't do anything?

So keep away from them, don't get into conversation with them and their hands will be tied.

Be like Jesus :)

Matthew 27:12 (New International Version)

12 When he was accused by the chief priests and the elders, he gave no answer.

Blessings,

Stephen

P.S. About the "anointed", contrary to the WT doctrine, anyone who believes in Jesus receives His Holy Spirit, see here for example

Ephesians 1:13-14 (New International Version)

13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of his glory.

Or here

Acts 2:38-39 (New International Version)

38 Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call."

• moshe
    moshe

When spouses can't agree on something it could end up causing a divorce! Hubby needs to vent, OK, fine- so both of you go to a marriage counselor- neutral ground! The counselor might help your husband see how his thinking/reasoning process is flawed. Get that straightened out and he can then see the forest for the trees and get out from under the thumb of the WT org.

Good luck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit