I had a REALLY big first in my life today!!!.....

by oompa 15 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

been kinda bummed for a few...and a newer nondub friend said i should go to church with him and his wife today...he called me last night about it....so it was not far and i knew nothing about it...but my friend and i are a lot alike....so showed up...IT ROCKED!!!...everybody had jeans on including the preacher with his shirt untucked...he was lively and funny and real....there were some skits that screamed district convention to me but they were way funnier and better acted....and even though i totally tuned out to most of the sermon part and all the jesus stuff.........the band freakin rocked!...the music was incredible!....just great talent....i told my buddy we should go tell the preacher that not only did he get a newbie in the door...but that it was someone who had never been to church in his entire life!!!

i went just for social reasons........and there are prob great babe opportunities there....lol.....but it was a good morning and we went to lunch.....it was a great day!!!......and i will prob go again.....oompa

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

That is way cool, Oomps!! Good for you! Glad it was a great experience.

You probably feel like I did... I always wondered why friends of mine went to church and actually ENJOYED it! For many, it truly IS a beautiful and very enjoyable experience. Not endless hours of gloom and doom corporate board meetings such as the ones to which we were accustomed...

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Getting down with Jesus is definitely hipper in some of the modern churches out there.

Everything is quite casual and relaxed and may prove to be a good place to make a social connection.

Don't go to fast Oompa, pace yourself now .

• Satanus
    Satanus

Good for you for trying something new. I also enjoyed most of the churches that i went to. The services, singing and chanting all lift a person up. The part that i got tired of was the slowly coming down, afterwards. I guess, some churches were like a drug, but in a good way.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

Good for you for trying something new. I also enjoyed most of the churches that i went to. The services, singing and chanting all lift a person up. The part that i got tired of was the slowly coming down, afterwards. I guess, some churches were like a drug, but in a good way.

S

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Glad you had fun Oompa! You deserve some good times!

Cheers,

The Oracle

• Perry
    Perry

We went to a church like that for 3 years. Eventually outgrew it and moved on to another. Glad you enjoyed it.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

The first time going to church after exiting the dubs is a bit surreal. I remember I hit a Catholic church and stayed completely in the back, only because I felt so weird about being in the home of the harlot

After awhile though I tried different places and have found my place at the UU church.

Enjoy your path Oompa.

• crapola
    crapola

Good for you. Glad you had a good time.

• Gerard
    Gerard

So, like babes and music? Go to a pub! No Jeezhus talk there...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit