Phone Territory!

by stillin9 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• doublelife
    doublelife

I refused to even try it. I didn't want to be a telemarketer.

• stillin9
    stillin9

I guess it is much easier than going door-to-door, depending on who your partner is and the kind of people you do phone witnessing (aka telemarketing) with. But all in all, it's all the same bull!

HA! I love the term "phone witnessing" LOL...why don't they just call it telemarketing? Is that too worldly?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

never did it. probably would not have if they had asked either!

as for door to door, after 27 years including regular pioneering, i loathed it. Couldn't wait to stop it. Downright humiliating waste of time.

Oz

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Nice waste of time. Most of the calls are going to result in someone hanging up in your ear (as with telemarketers, except there could be swearing at the other end with the witlesses). And, what if they want the littera-trash? They will not be able to have it in their hands, and there is a good chance that they will go online and research the religion (and hopefully want no more).

If you ever do get a request for littera-trash, I recommend shipping UPS. Why? Because there is an excellent chance that the driver will do a dummy "delivery attempt" by having the notice written up, pasting it on the door, hitting the bell, and dashing. You increase the chance of this by requiring a signature at the time of delivery, in person--they get three attempts before UPS will return it to the sender. And, if the littera-trash never reaches the recipient, there is a good chance they are going to go online to find out why (and find it--in pdf form, on an apostate forum).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit