Phone Territory!

by stillin9 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• stillin9
    stillin9

Well, couple days ago I got stuck with a brother doing phone territory! Man, I hated that! I kept on wishing no one picks up the phone or it's a disconnected phone number or something. Since I don't do phone territory that often, I found it pretty weird calling strangers and offering "Bible Literature." Heck, it's probably not any wierder than going to stranger's homes and offering them WT but because I have done it so much I guess I don't feel the wierdness anymore.

What about you guys? Did you prefer phone territory to door-to-door? OR did you just hate it ALL? LOL

stillin9

• asilentone
    asilentone

If you do phone territory, you will lose respect from others. Well, I have done that long time ago, they still remember my name and they do not wish to talk to me even though I am not a witness now.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well, I only did phone witnessing a couple of times. It was okay once I got into it. But, I don't plan on ever doing it again. I prefer writing to not-at-homes. And I still do door-to-door. But, my favorite is just going with others on their return visits.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Phone territory was the best.

Group of 4 to 6 taking turns making calls mostly reading from various scripts. Chit-chatting between calls and munching on snacks. Easy 3 hours every week. Lots of voicemail and answering machines. It was very popular in the congo I attended at the time. We had several groups a week that were led by the regular pioneers. We had to ask the elders to limit participation to once a week by the publishers.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Phone witnessing was fun, in the right context. When I was getting my hours in as an aux pioneer, I (regretfully) went phone witnessing at the hall with this uber-pioneer family. Most uncomfortable experience ever! I hated having ever having to spend time with these dubs, and calling people with them was even worse. Hated it.

On my two year slide to fading out, towards the end, I went to a brother's house to do it. This guy has Lou Gehrig's disease, so it was great for him to have people come over and get time in. That was a lot better--the people weren't uber-pioneers, just regular r&f dubs. And there was food and water!

• chickpea
    chickpea

we totally made it worth the humiliation
    of soliciting for a god via telemarketing!!

there was a few of us that got along
    well and had fun together, so i would
    have get the phone witnessing gang
    over ( large house and 3 active phone lines)

we would plow thru a "territory" and
    have coffee and snacks and had what
    would have been good fun in or out
    of the b0rg deathstar......

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

I was embarrased to go out in service especially when I was young. I lived in a small town and would always knock on the door of someone who went to my school. Then I'd get beat up for it the next day. At least if I did phone witnessing only the parents would pick up and I wouldn't be there for anyone to see. Although ultimately, I hate it all.

• sspo
    sspo

Never did phone witnessing, too embarassing calling on someone and offering literature or bible study

when i could not even see who i was talking to.

Would rather knock on doors!

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

I was the Queen of phone territory in my congregation. I even got a group of sisters together weekly to do it. Of course it was more social gathering than actually witnessing as absolutely noone is home during the week. Everyone is working or in school. But it was great because I didn't have to drag my kids door to door during the week when they were young and I would get like 2 or 3 "hours" in at a time.

We even had a few good experiences too. I found when I did reach someone, if I promised never to call them again, they let me send them the free offer of the month.

I even gave demonstrations in the KH on how to effectively "witness" by phone. Lilly

• crapola
    crapola

I never could bring myself to do it. It was hard enough going to their homes but to invade their privacy through the phone just seemed to much. Also I never could imagine setting at a booth like at Walmart or the mall. Just to wierd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit