What percentage would you say doubt their belief that are still in?

by user10 11 Replies latest jw friends

• user10
    user10

What do you think?

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I would say almost all have had doubts at one time or another. And if they say they haven't, they aren't being honest with themselves.

• carpediem
    carpediem

I would agree with emptyinside. The problem is that hardly anyone admits this. I was afraid to say I didnt believe in God/Jehovah/Creator anymore, for fear of repercussions. My husband knows and that it is. I dont think he has told anyone......yet.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I too agree with Emptyinside

• wobble
    wobble

101%

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Every dub has doubts. I remember having them as a teenager and so did my friends. The problem is that watchtower conditions you to think that if you have doubts there is something wrong with you. And so most suppress them, thinking that there must be some flaw in themselves.

• flipper
    flipper

USER 10- Welcome to the board and great thread by you ! Good subject . I was in the witnesses for 44 years ( got out in late 2003 ) and for MOST of that time I really believed in the dream, uh, illusion. LOL! But about 10 to 15 years before I left I started having doubts which I would never talk about out loud because of getting in trouble with JW family, my former JW wife turning me in, or other witnesses who I couldn't trust to keep a confidence as far as I could spit.

That being said here is what I really think: When Jehovah's Witnesses are in their " cult mind controlled " personality I think rank and file members ( non GB members without positions ) believe in Armageddon and paradise 100% . When they occasionally pop out of the " cult personality " and go into their real, authentic personality they were born with THAT is when they allow themselves to THINK about the doubts and start realizing things are amiss in the WT Society. Problem is : Getting them to STAY in their authentic personality when they will think about it. They are conditioned to feel dirty and unclean if they have doubts and told it's evil and from Satan. So it scares them to have doubts .

I feel most if not 90 % of the governing body know that what they teach is a crock of crap. Also the WT corporate attorneys controlling how the $$$ is spent. They don't believe this stuff either. They realize the WT society is just a means to an end to control members

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I would guesstimate about 40% seriously doubt the religion but feel compelled to go along with it for various reasons.

• yknot
    yknot

Doubting ........ the 1919 appointment is rising but more so is the number of those who are treating the WTS as a religious tradition versus as an absolute religious belief.

Sure they talk the talk but the walk is laced with fudged field service numbers, online college courses and a lack of feeling true zeal or sincerity.

A prime example of this is me....right now.... technically I am in field service with another sister, both of us are at a worldly friends house doing crafts (including Xmas items) and sewing for our children's musical theater production. I disbelieve the 1919 appointment while she believes it is the 'truth' but the WTS is going beyond scripture. She has no moral qualms over our counting this as time.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

I think most reqular publishers actually buy into this crap. I know I did when I was getting 10-15 hrs a month. Once you doubt, there is no sense wasting your time. It is almost obvious who does and doesn'trink the Kool-Aid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit