Are Publishers Adequately Prepared for Bad Publicity?

by compound complex 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• moshe
    moshe

We can't tell you what this bad publicity is all about brothers, but we can ask you to just be humble when you are being chastised by the householder for our mistakes.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

No. Publishers seem to blame themselves if they don't know an answer, thinking, "I better do some research..." and look in the Reasoning book to see if the subject is covered. After all, the Reasoning book has all the answers...

That's the trouble with brainwash. The afflicted ones don't see they are brainwashed and continue to defend the troof...

ESTEE

• mysterious437
    mysterious437

They ignore bad publicity as far as Ive seen.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well, most Witnesses don't even know of any scandals, and when they do hear about them, they write it off as apostate lies. I sure didn't know about any of it, until I started coming here. And honestly, I wouldn't know what to say to anyone who brought it up out in service, excepty maybe, yes you're right. But,too, whenever, I hear of cases such as the Jarka case, I never put it on the whole organization, and still don't. Actually, I just wish the Society would be open about such things and stop treating the rest of us like children a lot of times. I remember when the episode of child abuse was going to air, there was a part on the service meeting about it. And it was just a letter giving us scriptures that really wouldn't help me give a logical answer to anyone in the public. I was a bit disappointed. And I overheard a few of the friends saying, "oh,it's just lies, that couldn't happen in Jehovah's organization." But, I knew that wasn't true, because it happened to a close friend of mine, and she was a mess during that time. And she was especially upset when she heard comments of denial. I just don't understand the policies on cases of child abuse. The poor way things are handled hurt everyone involved, even the organization.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

And at the same time they are covering their own scandals over, they are vilifying the Catholics for the very same things, saying this is proof that they are controlled by Satan.

The worst part is when they DF someone who "knows too much" just to protect themselves from this information being spread. That's about as heartless and legalistic as you can be.

I've brought these things up to my (elder) father and he hasn't had any valid response other than the old standards like "we have to wait on Jehovah to sort things out". And on the 1975 thing they are in complete denial. They say that it never happened. You can show them the actual watchtower articles where 1975 was with out a doubt "the end", and they will still find a way to block it out like it never happened. The mental gymnastics are quite impressive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit