How is your life affected by the Jehovah's Witness religion now?

by jambon1 22 Replies latest jw friends

• jambon1
    jambon1

Whether you are new 'out' of the org or you have been out for a number of years, how does the org affect your life at the moment?

How do you feel about the way the religion influences your life at the moment, even in the smallest ways?

Thanks.

Please state how long you have been away from the religion if possible.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Been df'd since 2001.

The only way it affects me is my relationship with my parents and other siblings. I do have one sister that is df'd and we are somewhat close. Other than that I really don't see or talk to other family much at all.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Mostly it just causes me to spend a lot of time on xjw discussion boards.

W

• ninja
    ninja

still causes problems with me and the mrs mate.....e.g....tomorrow she is going to a wedding reception....without me....(elephant in the room)

I asked..."don't you think it's weird that I am never invited even though I'm not df'ed?"......

she said....I can't go out with lorraine either can I?....(Iknowall on here).........I said...the difference is.....you aren't allowed to associate with her or you will get disfellowshipped.....lorraine would be happy for you to go out with her...it's all on your part or the witnesses part...not us "apostates"

she told me she didn't want to talk about it as it was going over old ground

upshot is....we aren't speaking....again..........flucking cult

• ninja
    ninja

so she is sitting watching telly with the kids who sense the atmosphere......

and I am on JWN talking pish as usual

• ninja
    ninja

oh yeah.....I've been away for 3 years or so

• jambon1
    jambon1

Same here mate. I go to the point of thinking I will never bring anything up in conversation - so I don't.

But after months of bottling stuff up, it ends in an argument,........again (old ground).

It's hard.

Got my kids away from the meetings though so I'm pleased about that.

It had to happen.

• ninja
    ninja

oh yeah....and billy somebody the plumber who is a newish witness....shunned me at school today....and when I pointed it out to her....she took his side and said I was imagining it!........that pisses me off too

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

an underlying worry that my kids will join because of their dad and their wives wont speak to me.

• ninja
    ninja

well done with the kids jambo......that's a start

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit