Trying to annul your baptism, WT says forget about it.

by cattails 31 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I dedicated my life to God and not any group of men. And I never at any time accepted the idea of any group of men being a mediator between me and Christ either. Just the thought of this is preposterous. Besides, they hid their appalling history and I would never have joined the religion if I knew about their scandals.

I don't count my baptism with the JW religion as meaningful in any way. If anything, I consider my original baptism into the Catholic faith as being valid.

• Awen
    Awen

It always gets me that the WTS calls is "God's spirit-directed organization" implying everything they say and do has been told to them by God. Yet in the 1988 version of "Revelation-It'sGrand Climax At Hand" I belive in chapter 1 or 2, under box heading "Interpreting The Scriptures", the WTS says they are not infallible and that mistakes are made because essentially they do not have the same spirit that the Apostle had.

So which is it?

Are they spirit directed or not?

The Bible writers were spirit directed, the different things they wrote harmonized perfectly with things written by others many thousands of years later. Yet the WTS writings can contradict writings made only a few years or in some cases a few months apart.

It seems that when they want people to listen and obey them, the are spirit directed, yet when a mistake (be it prophetical or whatever else) is made, they are not.

Why can the rank and file JW's not see this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit