Trying to annul your baptism, WT says forget about it.

by cattails 31 Replies latest jw friends

• cattails
    cattails
    The koolaid WT issue for February has an interesting article about when your baptism can be considered invalid.
    But the main thrust of the article is aimed at making it super clear that if you were present at your Bapt. talk and answered the two questions then forget about it, elders are put on notice to not let anyone off the hook.
    But... If you were committing a serious sin and hid it at the time of your baptism, then it was invalid, and point is, they'd still announce you not being "one of J.W.s" so if you plead your case to walk away from the WT saying you didn't know what you were getting into, it will do no good, but it will be grounds for an announcement.
    Just Ol' Mother WT tightening up loose ends.
  • White Dove
    White Dove

You can't win, it seems.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

There is no win with cults.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

There is win--but that comes when you break free and live the kind of life you want. It might be argued that's no win at all, but I'll take it.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I agree with the win being a clean exit. My comment was directed that arguing or reasoning with the WT is never a win. They just change the rules

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I suppose next they are going to count your baptism as a legally binding agreement to do whatever the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger tells you to, no matter what. I am waiting for the internal letter directed to the legal department that informs them to go after inactive witlesses, those who broke the rules, and those who they feel are not doing "enough". Of course, it would be totally confidential--and I am hoping that some apostate posts it online before it can take effect.

And to think this group of tyrants is actually legal--when they could, in theory at least, set up traps like this to be set off at any time in the future.

• pallemar
    pallemar

is where not a law, that gives you fredom of religion?

so they live up to the UN charter?

Article 18
    Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.

http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/

• highdose
    highdose

but i didn't answer the 2 questions, so i guess that my baptisium is invalid? yipppie!

• highdose
    highdose

could someone please post the date of this wt issue? and the page number would be helpfull too...

pretty please

thanks xx

• zagor
    zagor

Its like mom asking Jimmy:

"So tell me Jimmy are going to behave at school or not???"

Under threat of authority, pressure of situation and everything that it around his natural bodily response will be to say "yes" because it brings least amount of repercussions. Does that really mean "he made a mature choice"? You're kidding me right?! And smart mom will know that and use her authority in more suggesting and guiding way rather than threatening, "that or else". Which means that an average mom has more brains than the entire WTBS leadership.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit