Utah to bring back firing squads

by cofty 22 Replies latest social current

• cofty
    cofty

Are parts of the USA in a different century from Europe?

Why don't they just stone them to death?

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555
    So horrible...
  • Island Man
    Island Man
    Actually, I think the firing squad - if it's done right - is probably more humane than the electric chair. The guillotine is probably the most humane method of execution, as gruesome as it seems. I think the most humane method of execution would be to suddenly and completely crush the victims entire head flat as a pancake in one sudden impact - at explosive speed - by a large, heavy metal cylinder. The victim will lose consciousness instantly without feeling a thing.
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    Doesn't the firing squad have to do with the Mormon doctrine of blood atonement?
  • prologos
    prologos
    All these methods that do horrible things to the human body are terrible. How would you like to die? I, in my sleep. It could be done.
  • Magwitch
    Magwitch
    Utah............The home of harp players, happy wives and home schoolers. I suppose fire squad fits
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Bullets are probably cheaper than electricity or lethal injection drugs and paraphernalia.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Island Man, "The guillotine is probably the most humane method of execution, as gruesome as it seems."

Saudi Arabia beheads people, Utah should follow their example.

Image result for smiley guillotine

• Simon
    Simon

Yeee haw !!!

(bang, bang .... bang bang)

Seriously, how many people are executed? Simply lock them up for life. Surely a country with as many resources as the US can afford it.

Save the money necessary by releasing the people jailed for not paying $10 parking fines.

• JeffT
    JeffT
    Save the money necessary by releasing the people jailed for not paying $10 parking fines.

Just not pursuing the death penalty will save the necessary money. I've long been against the executing anybody. There is a very good conservative argument against it: "It's a government program and they'll screw it up."

And yes, it is about the Mormon blood sacrifice thing, and we have several centuries of experience with killing people with guns.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit