I am seriouly disapointed in the Watchtower society

by Aussie Oz 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I can scarcley believe my eyes. I read in another thread about C. T. Russells attitude that his 'studies in the scriptures' is better than the bible and come to the conclusion they are not God abandoned today, God was never there.

Fast forward to modern times and they are still at it, likening their body of teachings as being part of the bible.

most of you already know the pasages in their own lit that i refer to, i'm just stating my feelings as i dismantle a 38 year old belief system.

It seems to me, that all along, the belief of the Watchtower Society is this: Our writings are true, they are backed up by the bible. Rather than, the bible is true, backed up by our writings.

disapointed

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I remember feeling the same way not so long ago. I'm pleased you are doing it at 38. I was 52 when I finally started studying the Watchtower Society. I hadn't studied a WT for 27 years, but you are not really out until you study the Society.

Cheers

Chris

• stillin
    stillin

you and me both. I, too, have spent as many years with only an occasional "Huh?" when I happen upon some odd-sounding scripture. I,also, have noticed the little slip-of-the-tongue when the conductor askes the reader to read the next scripture, when he means the next paragraph.

But even more than those doctrinal things, I find myself increasingly appalled at the behaviour of the WTS. I'm not talking about individual people, who I've learned to turn a blind eye towards (imperfect, and all that.) The arrogance, the deceptiveness. For example, just try to locate on CD Rom any old light articles just for personal purposes. The old stuff may be there, but have fun finding it. For another example, the view that they will always stand behind their managers (elders), right or wrong. I have engaged myself in a few "pissing contests" over the years, and it doesn't seem to matter at all what God's Word says on a matter, as a "lesser one," I walk away defeated just for noticing.

Well, enough "poor me."

But I am also really disappointed. Things should be getting better, not worse!

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I was 38 as well when I began my exit. I'm 57 now. Can't believe it has been almost 20 years! Life is much better now.

Coffee

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

36 for me and I'm now 53, but I'm one of those that threw the baby out with the bathwater. Not only didn't the witlesses make sense, after while the bible made even less sense.

Ada

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Our writings are true, they are backed up by the bible. Rather than, the bible is true, backed up by our writings.

Isnt that the "truth"?

One of my big awakenings was "Well, it seems like lately it has been more about the WTS than the Bible."

Then, once I stepped back and actually studied everything with a critical eye, I realized it has ALWAYS been that way. They dogmatically push the fact that they are God's voice on this earth. You reject them, you reject God. You disobey them, you disobey God. You don't peddle enough magazines and get enough field service hours, you are not doing enough for God.

The springboard for me was the pedophilia cases - I have seen way too many people in my life deeply affected, and the lack of love and respect for these poor victims by the WTS and their elders made me want to vomit. I resigned as an elder since I refused to handle those cases the way the WTS wants people to - sweep it under the rug. They care more about the organization than the people in it - then use the guise of "well, we dont want to bring dishonor to Jehovah's name." Sorry fellas, but you are already doing a damn fine job in that department!!

I am in the same age bracket (mid to late 30's) and am breaking apart the "strongly entrenched things" day by day.

• Watkins
    Watkins

Re: I am seriouly disapointed in the Watchtower society posted 7 mins ago (11/19/2009)

Get in line, buddy - it's a long one!

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

me too and the line gets longer

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Yes the line gets longer. I guess many in the Kingdom Halls too secretly are disappointed with the WT too. But they are scared to speak up openly.

Bangalore

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Why the disappointment? Whatever the wts does is only what can be expected from such dangerously delusional fools.

Cheeses. By no means a fan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit