Does God believe in burning People?

by ssn587 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ssn587
    ssn587

Reading the book, You Can Live Forever In Paradise Earth, on page 81 end of paragraph two it reads, "This raises the question: Did Almighty God create such a place of torment? Well, what was God's view when the Israelites, following the example of peoples who lived nearby, began to burn their children in fire? He explains in his word: "they have built the high places of Topheth, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, in order to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, a thing I had not commanded and that had not come up into my heart."

Now I have always been told/taught that the idea of burning People had never occurred to Yahweh. Well if this is true how does one explain these

two verses from the NWT (No Way Truthful) Bible translation.

Lev. 20:14 ""And where a man takes a woman and her mother, it is loose conduct. They should burn him and them in the fire, in order that loose conduct may not continue in your midst."

Lev. 21:9 "Now in the case the daughter of a priest should make herself profane by committing prostitution, it is her father that she is profaning. She should be burned in the fire."

Now it looks to me like he Yahweh is very interested in burning people who don't follow his archaic laws.

Anyone else find this teaching of the Borg strange, Now take Japhthah and his vow at Judges 11:30 "Then Jehpthah made a vow to Jehovah and said, "If you without fail give the sons of Ammon into my hand, (31) it must also occur that the one coming out, who comes out of the doors of my house to meet when I return in peace from the sons of Ammon, must also become Jehovah's and I must offer that one us as a "burnt offering.

This to me is another indication that although Jehovah didn't want people making their sons and duaghter to pass through or burn in the fire to Baal or Molech, he had no problem having someone's daughter (Japhthah's) being burnt as a offering to him.

Your thought on this will be much appreciated.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Yes and lot more go to www.evilbible.com to read up more of this so call god of " love and Justice ".

Human ignorance and spiritualism go hand and hand .

YAHWEH was notably the most cruelest of the gods in ancient spiritual beliefs.

• leavingwt
  • blondie
    blondie

*** it-1 p. 833 Fire ***In the case of certain violations of God’s law, the individuals were stoned to death and then their bodies were burned with fire. (Le 20:14; 21:9; Jos 7:15, 25)

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Burnt flesh stinks, how are they gonne get rid of it?

Glade air freshners ?

• Chalam
    Chalam

There are huge amounts of scripture against this WT falsehood, see verse 6 below for example

This whole chapter is dedicated to the WT and their ilk

2 Peter 2 (New International Version)

False Teachers and Their Destruction

1 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment; 5 if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; 6 if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 7 and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men 8 (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9 if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment. 10 This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature and despise authority.

Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings; 11 yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord. 12 But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish.

13 They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you. 14 With eyes full of adultery, they never stop sinning; they seduce the unstable; they are experts in greed—an accursed brood! 15 They have left the straight way and wandered off to follow the way of Balaam son of Beor, who loved the wages of wickedness. 16 But he was rebuked for his wrongdoing by a donkey—a beast without speech—who spoke with a man's voice and restrained the prophet's madness.

17 These men are springs without water and mists driven by a storm. Blackest darkness is reserved for them. 18 For they mouth empty, boastful words and, by appealing to the lustful desires of sinful human nature, they entice people who are just escaping from those who live in error. 19 They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity—for a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. 20 If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. 21 It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. 22 Of them the proverbs are true: "A dog returns to its vomit,"and, "A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud.".

Blessings,

Stephen

P.S. BTW, this deserves a trademark so I have inserted one ;)

two verses from the NWT (No Way Truthful) Bible translation

• sir82
    sir82

*** it-1 p. 833 Fire ***In the case of certain violations of God’s law, the individuals were stoned to death and then their bodies were burned with fire. (Le 20:14; 21:9; Jos 7:15, 25)

Hmm, maybe my eyesight has gone bad, but I see nothing in the 2 verses in Leviticus indicating "kill them before burning".

• undercover
    undercover

LWT...someone should send that artist rendering to Michelle Obama to warn her...

God obviously does not like sleeveless dresses...

Good catch, ssn...

Blondie, nice quote from the WT publication. Can they back that up with scripture?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Lets not forget that when Jesus reamed the scribes for misleading people, he had reason for that.

Leviticus is a joke, shellfish is an abomination LOL !!

Hebrew, please !!

• designs
    designs

But Stephen, you Fundamentalists believe in far worse things.........

Seems some just can't stay away from the Cults.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit