He did text me y-day...

by Newborn 70 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

Personally, I find women attractive who are independant and know what they want. They don't play bs games and they don't expect you to either. If they want to call you, they will, but they have other things on their mind and you're not the center of their world. But then, I'm just one guy, and everyone is different. Let the river flow where it wants, so to speak.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Us old farts are running out of time so we need to speed things up a bit...or we forget who we called in the first place.

ROFL.

Y'all are gonna get me fired!

Sylvia

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

depends on your definition of game doesnt it. - any contrite behaviour including 'preserving mystery' is done for a purpose. I didn't say 'head games' or 'mind games' - its all a subtle display of behaviours - hence the word court, where everyone was expected to behave in a certain manner. - courtesy, courteous, courting, all come from the same thing.. back in the day when a lady dropped her handkerchief for the knight to pick up, and fluttered her lids..

Follow a shadow, it still flies you;
    Seem to fly it, it will pursue:
    So court a mistress, she denies you;
    Let her alone, she will court you.

Ben Jonson - 1594... it seems things were the same back then..

• undercover
    undercover

Yea, it does depend on the definition of "game" I guess...

However I am more partial to this Ben Johnson qoute from Hang em High...

"Some people call this hell, but you're still in Oklahoma Territory... Save your breath. I don't know who hung you or why, but if you're innocent, the judge will set you free. And if you're not, we'll have to take the trouble to hanging you again."

Oh wait...wrong Ben Johnson...

• John Doe
    John Doe
    back in the day when a lady dropped her handkerchief for the knight to pick up, and fluttered her lids..

Troubled old hag! Doesn't she know she's not supposed to chase the knight dudes?

• snowbird
    snowbird

John Doe, you've a pm.

Sylvia

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

Errm. yes. drop the 'h' this one was a contemporary of Shakespeare.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    so you are saying its ok to chase men and be constantly available to pander to their whims then?

I'm saying I won't "chase" anyone and I don't expect anyone to "chase" me. I just insist on honesty, open communication and mutual respect from everyone involved.

If I want to talk to someone, I'll call. I won't waste my time worrying about who calls first, what they might think of me if I call a day too soon, a day too late, or if my ass is pointed northeast instead of southwest while I'm dialing the number.

W

• John Doe
    John Doe
    John Doe, you've a pm.
    Sylvia

No I don't. You sure you sent it?

• undercover
    undercover
    ...this one was a contemporary of Shakespeare.

But the one I referenced was a contemporary of the Duke, John Wayne. It don't get no bigger'n that...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit