Annual Pioneer "

by Open mind 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Open mind
  • Open mind
    Open mind

Dang it! Hit a wrong button and posted too quick.

Title should be: Annual Pioneer Dinner

Did/does your local BOE do one of these?

Any stories to share?

om

• yknot
    yknot

No....... we have been traditionally a bunch of anti-social cheapskates.

But tell me more of this 'get-together'.......

• Open mind
    Open mind

*If a Mod could change the thread title to "Annual Pioneer Dinner" that would be cool*

I've logged out and logged back in and I still get an error message when I try to edit it.

Back to topic:

Every congregation I've ever attended (more than 5, less than 10), the BOE always made sure to have a Pioneer Dinner around the same time as the Annual Pioneer Dinner.

When the BOE was large and financially well-off and RP ranks were few (2 - 4 pioneers) sometimes they would be taken to a fancy restaurant. If the numbers went the other way, small BOE and lots of RPs, it would be at someone's home.

om

• blondie
    blondie

I went to one of these, held on a holiday with all the fixings. The BOE gets a form letter from the WTS to go over with the regular pioneers one on one to "encourage" them. Been done for many years. I went because I was an elder's wife. A little exclusive group. I was supposed to feel honored but was angry that it was so cliquey. Like the elders, their wives, and the regular pioneers were the ones that needed to be special....

• KingDavidwasframed
    KingDavidwasframed

I went to a few during my time as a servant. Like Blondie says, very cliquey.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I went to a couple of those while I pioneered. I went off the list when I had an injury requiring surgery, so my wife was invited but I wasn't allowed to go with her. She was quite upset because other's who weren't pioneers were there, but that's the way it goes when you can't get into a clique.

W

• dissed
    dissed

A friend's congo did the dinner thingy thanks to a JW managing the local 'El Torito'. It was all free including the margueritas.

Our Elders were all pioneering so claimed they were too poor to pay for such a dinner, but if I wanted to pay, they would allow it. (it was a joke) We never did one because all were to busy to co-ordinate a date.

Three of our Elders were CO subs.

• Open mind
    Open mind

I agree that the Pioneer Dinner is a clique. It's also revealing to attend the Dinner as an elder and notice the cliques within the clique. If there are one or more pioneers that the others don't like, the Pioneer Dinner gets pretty awkward.

om

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I never heard of this over here....Pioneer Meetings, yes, but never a meal or relaxation...

I cannot help but think that somebody would object. I can imagine the argument that it is not the right way of doing things. I dare say that people would be told to help them privately if they wanted to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit