JW Discussion Board Lifts Another Story from Another Religion

by blondie 16 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

So you think a non-jw religion would steal a jw "story"? All the examples I have seen have been the other way round.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

It looks like every religion has passed through Houston, lol...

http://parsha.blogspot.com/2009/04/rabbi-priest-and-quarterback.html

• Mary
    Mary

I wonder if/who they stole the most famous of WT legends from: the one where a murderer tells the court that he didn't kill a Witness woman because there were 'two big men' with her when she claims she was by herself.

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

most stories are just that. stories. i remember when i was studying with the jws i was always told that if it wasnt in the magazine or came directly from a co/do, do not hold any weight to the story.

• jabberwock
    jabberwock

Maybe there's just a really mischievous bus driver out there in Houston who loves to test every religious person he sees by giving them extra change.

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

reminds me this past week of something i saw on facebook

a facebook friend wrote about a text (sms) message she had received about 22 missionaries that had been killed somewhere (didn't give the location). Cue a discussion starting among a few witnesses about how they had received it and it wasn't true as no missionaries are in that country and that the rumour was started by apostates!

I googled this 22 christian thing and surprise surprise what I found! a load of articles about various rumours of Christians being given the death penalty in Afghanistan.

To think they were blaming this on apostates! As if we would make up rumours - we tell the real truth about "the truth".

• life is to short
    life is to short

Thanks Blondie

That story was just told a couple of months ago at an assembly I think by the CO or one of the GB. It was not just by a local elder it was someone everyone was really looking up to. We just had Geoffrey Jackson come out and I am not sure if it was him or the DO or CO but it was one of the three.

That was a great find. I remember the speaker going on and on about the story. Amazing that they can lie so easy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit