OUTLAW

Keyser Soze nailed it..

No one cares about the WBT$..

Or..

Jehovah`s Witness`s..

.................. ...OUTLAW

• moshe
    moshe

A couple years ago I wrote three letters to the editor about the WT child molestation story- I mentioned stories that had already been run- like the JW in Canada who was convicted of molesting a JW girl while out in field service, the WT settlement, etc. I never received any feedback for the letters. I have to agree with Outlaw, the news media really finds it hard to get worked up over WT scandals. Maybe individuals need to just write first person accounts and mail their letters for publication. Did anybody vote for the first time this month? I wrote a letter 19 years ago explaining why I was 40 years old when I voted for the first time and Why!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

The media looks for stories that people care about and are compelling.

JW's tend to take the personality out of all its members, so scratch off compelling.

People don't care about JW's because they are a small group that knocks on doors and follow weird rules on everything from flag salute, to blood.

JW's unfortunately have won the blood argument, because they now allow fractions, and they accept other medicine. While people continue to die as a result of blood (one death is one too many, i realize) it isn't a truckload of them.

In short, JW's have blended in as part of the scenery, and are a fringe group that truthfully affects only a small amount of people.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Why does the media leave JW alone?

(1) WT is already irrelevant, in comparison to 99.9% of other issues.

(2) WT has a team of free lawyers.

If a media outlet runs a "JWs are Crazy" story, they're merely stating the obvious. It's not news.

95% of the folks I've spoken with, after leaving, reflexively know that WT is a dangerous cult and/or a crazy authoritarian group. They don't even have to think about it. The joke is on JW members.

Apocalyptic groups create a dogma in which all news events are somehow related to THEM. THEY are the center of the universe. God is concerned UNIQUELY with THEM. Reality, however, paints a much different picture.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Maybe the witlesses have found ways to lie enough to the media and present themselves as another mainstream religion. That is what the showcase Washtowel and the Asleep! rags do, as well as children presenting stories about having normal goals in child custody battles. If the media was aware of the Kool-Aid Washtowel and the Kingdumb Misery, they might have more warnings against joining the cancer.

Of course, the media has no access to the Kool-Aid washtowel or the Kingdumb Misery, except what apostates post online. And then, the Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery makes a big deal about copyright issues to keep such information away from the media.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

yeah, the posts make sense. it also means they are not as widespread as they lead people (or themselves) to believe either.

the wife reckons its because they are a bunch of crazies. crazies never get taken seriously by the media.

and as for us, if we say anything public its' the crazies are calling crazies crazy i guess!'

lol

• zagor
    zagor

They do run stories from time to time but like any good news agency they count on value of 'shock effect' and viewer's rating. If they ran it every second Saturday soon people would have lost the interest and TV stations would have lost revenue. Their main income comes from advertising, you know the brakes in between. As sad as it may be to many here Catholic priest involved in sex scandals is just more juicy than some member of a creepy cult nobody gives a shit about, doing the same. Why? Because Catholic church (among a few others) is considered as a moral guardian, a conscious of the modern world; or at least that is how they like to portray themselves.

• compound complex
    compound complex

When going from door-to-door, the Witnesses were counseled at this last weekend's assembly to respond humbly to householders' inquiries on bad reports in the media regarding JWs. In an unrelated talk, the speaker decried the rampant child abuse in the world. No comment was made on how to counteract "false" reports, just to respond humbly.

CC

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Sir82 wrote

"JWs comprise less than 1/10 of 1% of the world's population.

There are dozens of similarly-sized cults and/or cult like organizations, if you prefer.

Nobody cares about the weird doctrines and flip-flops of fringe religions, unless they do extraordinarily weird or tragic things (mass suicides, standing on a bridge waiting for the rapture) or have numerous celebrity members (Scientologists).

JWs don't have enough celebrity members, and compared to other groups, are not weird enough to be interesting to the 99.9% of the world that is not JW or ex-JW."

EXACTLY! You hit the nail on the head.

The Oracle

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

i would love to see South Park's take on JWs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit