Perimeno

by Truthexplorer 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Well...good luck with that.

Coupla' questions.

1. What is perimeno's real name and congregation?

2. If they are not readily available, why not? Do you really think the WTBS sanctions his/her website and personal viewpoints?

3. Exactly how long do you think a person would actually last who a: went to the elders and mentioned a: associating with apostates via the internet, b: a copy of perimeno's website with the statement of agreement with perimeno's teachings/thoughts?

4. Can someone who claims to be Christian and thus a follower of Christ REALLY associate with an organization that "treated their flock in many cases in a dreadful manner" and yet still have a good conscience?

In all honestly, I truly don't care one way or another and hope you find peace on your spiritual path. I AM curious about your answers, however, as cognitive dissonance is a very interesting phenomena, and one I may end doing part of my final dissertation on.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Yes, it will be hard for me as I will be trying to avoid preaching things I dont agree with when out in the ministry; and know that I may very possibly end up being disfellowshipped for what the society views as apostasy (ie sharing clear biblical truths and avoiding all erroneus/unclear teachings).

Well, don't you think that going out in service may sometimes cause a bit of stress and anxiety? What if someone asks you a question about 1914? what will you say? If you "avoid all erroneus and unclear teachings," you will have a short visit at every door.

The GB has now set itself up in place of the holy spirit and rather than allowing each local Congregation to receive the holy spirit to teach all things from Gods word, we now have man made rules beyond what is written in scripture, a history of false prophecies and teachings that blatantly dishonor Jehovah; a lack of love in many congregations, and the very reason why many within the flock have been dealt with harshly and unfairly.

This outlook could get you in A LOT of trouble. If you begin to discuss "false prophesies" with anyone in the congregation, you will find yourself "being dealt with" in a hurry.

This should be interesting.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Truthexplorer:

I know my weaknesses and I find that I am now beginning to overcome my weaknesses. Thats Gods spirit working,

Do the elders know that one of your weaknesses is posting on an apostate website that the WTS has forbidden its followers (and "associates") to use?

My view is that although I associate with the JW's (ie use their hall to pray, fellowship, sing songs of praise, and treat each individual s a true brother or sister as Christ taught his disciples; to spread the good news of Gods coming Kingdom) I first and foremost view myself as a Christian .... I associate with Jehovahs witnesses, but prefer to simply be called a Christian.

If you look like a dub, walk like a dub, and quack like a dub, you're a dub.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Liliith26

'So.... do you 'partake'??? ... do you consider yourself one of the 144000???'

No, I do not consider myself part of the 144000; but I believe that all Christians should partake. Yes, there are outstanding ones (holy ones/saints/144000) who have a special calling to rule as Kings and priests over the earth-Rev 5:10. Whether such ones remain on earth to rule or actually ascend to heaven itself and rule from there is unclear to me - but whatever the case such ones will be chosen as described in scripture to rule over/on the earth (depending on the bible translation you read from).

I would suggest you read the article written by Perimeno - John 10:16 - Who are the other sheep"?

This article explains very well why things are the way they are. It goes into great detail as to why only the anointed are allowed to partake of the emblems today. It also mentions why since 1935, the great multitude or great crowd are mere onlookers when present at Jesus memorial.

I don't partake for the time being, though I know in my heart I should; but I believe that Jehovah understands my situation. He knows that imperfect men have put this policy in place which makes it impossible at the present time to partake. The important thing is that I am there and I believe that there will come a time when there will be change. It's just a case of being patient and discreet until things change.

TE

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Georgiagirl

Coupla' questions.

1. What is perimeno's real name and congregation?

To be honest, I don't know, and what's more I don't feel I need to know; just as you don't know my name and Congregation. Sadly, like most on this site, we have to protect our identities, because of the society's harsh policies about speaking freely.

In saying that, I believe in the spirit of truth; and when something is said or mentioned that makes sense, I use my own perceptive or thinking ability to decide whether I agree or disagree with what has been written or said. As I have said before, I don't agree with Perimeno on everything he has written, but he does explain very well, and in great detail (using scripture) where things are blatantly wrong with a number of the societies teachings and policies.

2. If they are not readily available, why not? Do you really think the WTBS sanctions his/her website and personal viewpoints?

During Jesus ministry throughout Israel, did the religious leaders sanction Jesus for pointing out the errors of all the burdensome man made laws that they had in place?

Let me put it this way; if sister anointed from 'Congregation London' humbly spoke to the elders within her Congregation, and/or contacted her fellow anointed brothers at Brooklyn; pointing out an error in teaching saying for example that it had been revealed to her that lets say- the 1914 teaching is absolutely wrong and believed that the spirit was directing her to speak about this error!!. How do you think she would be dealt with?

You can be sure, and it has happened before, that if she were to persist and preach to others in her Congregation about such an error (just using the 1914 as an example). She would eventually end up being disfellowshipped. The point I am making is that of the 9 thousand or so anointed ones (the anointed figures seem to be rising of late). Only a dozen or so have any say as to what is written in the Watchtower and other publications; or basically those within the writing department within Brooklyn.

The point I am making is that there is no freedom of thought when it comes to scripture. In Brooklyn's view it's my way or the byway. It makes no difference if you are an anointed one or member of the great crowd.

Of course the society would never sanction Perimenos website. But at least he can express his views over the internet. People are intelligent enough in deciding if they agree or not with those views; a relative freedom of thought, which for me is encouraging.

3. Exactly how long do you think a person would actually last who a: went to the elders and mentioned a: associating with apostates via the internet, b: a copy of perimeno's website with the statement of agreement with perimeno's teachings/thoughts?

To be honest, they would not last very long. By the way, I don't consider everyone an apostate on this site. There are many on this site who, like myself are witnesses. There are many who have faded away because of their unhappiness and confused feelings about the society. There are those who may feel very bitter about things and vent their anger at the way they have been treated by their congregation elders, and may feel they have lost their faith. There are those who are simply curious about our beliefs or those from other Christian denominations wanting to know about the beliefs of Jehovahs witnesses.

I don't tend to argue or debate with people who once professed to be Christian and blatantly deny God, the bible and Jesus Christ and spit venom at those who do believe. On such forums as this one, though there are many view points, I choose whether or not to answer or reply to some posts. What's more, to me, association in the real sense is having a friendship or fellowship with a person or group of people having conversation with them face to face.

Also, though there are many who were disfellowshipped on this site; what were they disfellowshipped for?. Was it truly scriptural or was it simply due to a disagreement about the society's teachings. I have a different view of who I would consider apostate to that of the society's view.

4. Can someone who claims to be Christian and thus a follower of Christ REALLY associate with an organization that "treated their flock in many cases in a dreadful manner" and yet still have a good conscience?

I believe that, on the whole, the majority of Jehovahs Witnesses are genuine sincere people who simly wish to worship and please God; who find peace in their lives having such a realtionship. There are many loving brothers and sisters who are a pleasure to have fellowship with. I don't blame the rank and file for some of the society's harsh policies in the way they have treated their flock.

For example, witnesses who have been disfellowshipped for simply disagreeing with a certain teaching or where there is obvious overkill when someone has slipped up and committed a serious sin like fornication (ie a one off/slip up-not practicing fornication), whereby wrong decisions have been made by a body of elders. Where tenderness and compassion should be shown, some congregation elders are all too quick to publicly humiliate such ones by disfellowshipping them. This then entails the congregation shunning such ones for a lengthy period of time (which they have been taught to do through WT reasoning). In such cases, such ones may never return to meetings due to the unloving way they were treated by the body of elders.

A group of men at Brooklyn have set themselves up to Lord it over their brothers and sisters throughout the world. Things will change soon, whether in the immediate future or in the new age where righteousness will dwell. I know there will be light at the end of the tunnel in which all things will be made clear. I am willing to wait until then. My conscience is clear in that I will be sharing the good news of the Kingdom with others; and living as a Christian is taught to as it is truthfully written in the bible.

If you have time read "My PEOPLE LIKE IT THAT WAY". Perimeno explains in detail, how Christians such as myself can have a clear conscience whilst associating with Jehovahs witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit