Perimeno

by Truthexplorer 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Watkins
    Watkins

Dear TruthExplorer - I too wish you nothing but the best on your continued spiritual walk. I've know Perimeno for years and he's a good and sincere soul. He does, however, fall into error in his attempt to retain the wtbts as the object of Bible prophecy. In beginning with a false premise, the 'house is built on sand'. If the beginning pretext is wrong, then all consequential applications are also wrong. e-watchman, Robert King, also falls under the illusions of the false premise of the wtbts having fullfilment in prophecy. All I can say is what I now believe - that if a religion takes on the responsibility of speaking for God, then they will all be under the same judgement from God, accordingly. If you believe the wtbts has got some doctrine correct and some wrong, then what separates them from, or elevates them above, the rest of Christianity? It seems to me that all sects of Christianity attempt to 'get it right' and yet there are misunderstandings and differences - how are JWS any different? The 'name of God' has nothing to do with it - 'Jehovah' is not and never was God's name, so that doesn't really make them 'God's Name people'. Wishing for it to really be 'The Truth' does not make it so. The wtbts' 'f&ds' is not a chosen 'channel' of 'truth', or they would've gotten it ALL right from the start. The flip-flops in wt doctrine are an obvious point of contention in believing it all as the f&ds states. The worst thing their doctrine does is separate Jesus from all his sheep The 'other flock' he spoke of is not an elite 'class' of Christians separate from the rest. They were Gentile's who would come to have faith in Jesus also. He said he would take the 2 and make them one flock under one Shepherd - Jesus already did this through Paul's teaching the Gentiles the Good News - but the wt has it backwards and takes the one flock and tries to separate them into 'classes'. It's just wrong. Truthfully, I wouldn't encourage anyone to go back to the wtbts, but the decision is yours.

Well, enough about my thoughts - I do hope the best for you, wherever you are - keep your ears and eyes open and don't neglect addressing the cognitive dissonance some wt doctrine causes - keep on asking God for His spirit to discern the real truth from the rubbish.

Peace of mind to you - watkins

• highdose
    highdose

"perimeno", isn't that greek? a verb? in the first person context???

• wobble
    wobble

What does it mean Highdose ?

To have your head up your arse ?

Love

Wobble

• highdose
    highdose

i hope you don't mean me wobble? I'm not sure what it means, as the spellling has been transliterated, maybe the poster themselves could explain before i have to start calling up all te greeks i know....

• wobble
    wobble

No dear girl, I meant Perimino,

At best it sounds like a dangeros illness !

love

Wobble

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Thanks to all for your response to my post. There are many points brought out, but as I dont get much time on the internet due to different commitments, I would like to answer the underlined question asked by yknot and believingxjw

'So would you say that the JWs are your tradition (fellowship, routine, culture..... etc) rather than your faith (ie Christ is your mediator, son of God)?'

Yes, JW's are merely my tradition, if you want to put it that way. To me my local congregation is no different to the congregations in 1st century Ephesus or Corinth in that Christians attend to fellowship, and worship God, because of their love for God and his son Jesus Christ. Each Congregation in the 1st Century had Gods word and the helper (sent in Jesus name)- the holy spirit. Sadly, for the time being, the GB at Brooklynn has displaced Gods holy spirit (which in the 1st century for example, the holy spirit being sent by God in Jesus name, to teach and bring back to mind all that Jesus had taught-John 14:16,17). The GB has now set itself up in place of the holy spirit and rather than allowing each local Congregation to receive the holy spirit to teach all things from Gods word, we now have man made rules beyond what is written in scripture, a history of false prophecies and teachings that blatantly dishonor Jehovah; a lack of love in many congregations, and the very reason why many within the flock have been dealt with harshly and unfairly.

I therefore now believe that Jesus Christ, the son of God is my mediator, as he is to all Christians (not those who claim to be Christians, whome Christ will Judge); and that is why I now have my faith restored in God.

My view is that although I associate with the JW's (ie use their hall to pray, fellowship, sing songs of praise, and treat each individual s a true brother or sister as Christ taught his disciples; to spread the good news of Gods coming Kingdom) I first and foremost view myself as a Christian. If someone asks me what my religion is?. I will tell them I am a Christian and thats it. If they specifically ask me which denomination, I will tell them I associate with Jehovahs witnesses, but prefer to simply be called a Christian. If they want to discuss it more deeply, I will then explain my christian view point to them.

Hope this explains a little as to what I beleive, and again thanks for taking the time to read.

I will keep you posted regarding my renewed faith and the journey I have now chosen.

TE

• highdose
    highdose

explain perimeno??????

which i'm guessing in greek spelling ends with an omega, as does most 1st person verbs

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

"Keep waiting (perimeno) for what
    the Father has promised."?
    Acts 1:4

• highdose
    highdose

thats it! its the verb "to wait" then, perimeno meaning " i wait" and perimenoumpe meaning "we wait", perimene "you wait", perimeneis "he,she,it waits", "perimenete "they wait" and perimenovn " he, she, it waits plural" think i've got that right anyway....

• Lillith26
    Lillith26
    My view is that although I associate with the JW's (ie use their hall to pray, fellowship, sing songs of praise, and treat each individual s a true brother or sister as Christ taught his disciples; to spread the good news of Gods coming Kingdom) I first and foremost view myself as a Christian. If someone asks me what my religion is?. I will tell them I am a Christian and thats it. If they specifically ask me which denomination, I will tell them I associate with Jehovahs witnesses, but prefer to simply be called a Christian. If they want to discuss it more deeply, I will then explain my christian view point to them.

So.... do you 'partake'??? ... do you consider yourself one of the 144000???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit