Will my pet lion die?

by peacedog 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

The average life span for a lion in the wild is 15 yrs and up to 30 yrs in zoos. In the new system paradise, of course, nothing but the best fruits, veggies and straw for fibre could be fed to your pet/friend lion. The guy could live to 40 yrs. That means 2 and half lions per century. When you are 500 yrs old, you will have gone through 13 lion friends, w no hope of a resurrection for your friends.

S

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Pet lions will be robotized and activated by voice command. They will NOT eat you. (Shame on Outlaw.)

Your relatives will be holograms. No body dies. Youth perpetual.

Only problem is...you won't have much time to spend with your pet lion. You will be picking up dead bodies for a long time to come.

And when you're done with that, there will be more meetings to attend.

And when you are done with that, there will be a new educational program so you can learn the pure universal language, Esperanto.

And when you are done with that, you can go pick up your new mags and get out there and help save lives so no one falls behind.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

It's kind of like that little kid question: "Will my dog go to heaven?"

Here's the deal as I understand it: in the New System TM , you're not immortal, you just live until something else could kill you. You're like the Highlander. So apparently the DNA that Jehoober Intelligently Designed TM will have to get Intelligently Reworked TM . One of the hypotheses about the purpose of telomeres in the DNA is that if the cell were to keep dividing without end (because telomeres protect the DNA replication process from harmful proteins, yet eventually become clipped off), the more likely it would become cancerous. But cancer only exists because of sin, which should be gone--and perhaps, a little UVA and UVB cooking, and mutagenous chemicals. Okay, let's leave the chemicals out. Jehoober is going to have to turn the sun's light down a little. So much for the Intelligently Designed TM and fine-tuned sun shining just enough to keep us alive without introducing errors into the DNA replication process. Or maybe he can get around to Intelligently Designing TM skin that's UV ray resistant, or a DNA replication process that is better than, on average, 1 error per several billion base pairs. At any rate, he'll have to Intelligently Rework TM his original plan. Maybe that's why he said it was "good" and not "perfect" or "excellent."

Anyway, back to the lions and other animals. Now animals will all be given jobs as playmates. Never mind the need to acquire energy through eating native plants and other animals. Apparently Jehoober will have them gather at his magic feed bag of endless hay so they may eat. Of course, he'll have to Intelligently Redesign TM their digestive systems, vitamin synthesizing, and protein synthesizing abilities to accomodate this water and hay diet. He'll also have to Intelligently Redesign TM their teeth--no need for sharp canines and incisors. They'll all need flat teeth for grinding, much like humans have. He'll also have to Intelligently Retool TM their killer instinct, which keeps them in harmony with their natural surroundings.

• peacedog
    peacedog
    The average life span for a lion in the wild is 15 yrs and up to 30 yrs in zoos. In the new system paradise, of course, nothing but the best fruits, veggies and straw for fibre could be fed to your pet/friend lion. The guy could live to 40 yrs. That means 2 and half lions per century. When you are 500 yrs old, you will have gone through 13 lion friends, w no hope of a resurrection for your friends.

It gets worse. You see, me being me, it's unlikely I'd only have one animal friend at a time. I'd probably have several. Like 10, at least. And some may not even live as long as my lion. For example, my beaver friend might only live for 20 years! My opossum and tasmanian devil? Well they might not even make it past 5 years!

I can only imagine how many friends I will have buried in my first 500 years in Paradise.™

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    there will be no death. For "man" OR beast

So, if I have this correct, butterflies will live forever, so there will be no caterpillars to eat my cabbages.

• 1914BS
    1914BS

outlaw

I love your logic

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Great Question.

I used the think down similar lines. The Watchtower would say we were designed to live forever, but animals are not. Yet animals and humans are basically the same physical structure. Humans die because of Adamic Sin, but animals didn't sin, so why do they die? As a JW it is unhealthy to think too much, as it takes you down all sorts of dangerous tracks.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The dinosaurs all died because they had all sinned. However,...

(Romans 6:7) 7 For he who has died has been acquitted from [his] sin.

By means of the ransom sacrifice, the dinosaurs have a resurrection hope. I suppose some will be resurrected to heaven to rule over the dinosaurs resurrected on earth. But, peacedog, it seems reasonable to conclude that you may be able to enjoy your pet dinosaur forever!

• trueblue
    trueblue

Isiah 25: 8 He will actually swallow up death forever, and the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will certainly wipe the tears from all faces. And the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth, for Jehovah himself has spoken [it].

Revelation 21:4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDZaWgf_bk0

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I think it's funny how animals will die because that's how Jehovah made them, but humans die because of sin.

So yes, your pet lion will most certainly die. But you will understand that Jehovah created them that way, and will not mourn the loss of your beloved pet. When you are perfect, you have no feelings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit