What is the meaning of life according to you?

by Newborn 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Newborn
    Newborn

Since the meaning of life has change for most of us here, I thought it would be interesting to hear your answer to this question now.

for me, the meaning is to be close to family and friends, enjoy life as much as possible and follow my heart while being as good person I can be.

your turn

/Newborn

• DJK
    DJK

First, life begins with an 8 second climax.

Second, it's survival of the fittest.

Third and standard answer, make the best of it while you can.

Fourth, it will end, whether you expect it or you don't, it will end.

Am I bad or just very blunt with the whole reality of it?

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hi Newborn... that sounds good. I have often asked myself this question and have wondered how others would respond so I will be returning to read what other people post.

I am working on making mine as enjoyable as possible while remaining a good person and helping those less fortunate than myself. I have to work on getting more physical exercise and to reduce stress. Sometimes I have to remind myself that you can't get everything done all at once. First Things First.

• sspo
    sspo

Solomon was right when he said there is no difference between us humans and animals.

Our mission is to pass our genes to the next generation.

Eat, drink and enjoy life while you're doing it!

We all end up 6ft under.

No one has come back from the after life to tell us otherwise.

• Newborn
    Newborn

Am I bad or just very blunt with the whole reality of it?

No, I guess you're right, but we can still enjoy life though and I hope you're happy!

• DJK
    DJK

Third and standard answer, make the best of it while you can.

Like I said. Anywho, now that Reniaa is gone, I dont think anyone will say the meaning of life is, "To serve Jah."

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I don't know that there is any real meaning for life in that we are here for some purpose like serving a creator.

I know the best I can do is give myself a reason or meaning for my life. When I die my hope is that my daughters and grandchildren can say that I learned to be happy and helped many others along the way.

Lee

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

Being a new dad my meaning of life is to help my child. But ultimately I think life is a learning process in that new lessons are learned everyday. I can definately say I learn something new everyday and with that knowledge it also changes my life. Some lessons change me drastically (like finding out JW are a lying cult) and other things change my life small but even the small things have can have a large impact. The reason learning can be a life's purpose is hard to explain but I'm sure it has to do with adaptaion and survival of the fittest thing.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Actually I like this definition - life is a sexually transmitted terminal condition.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit