Want dialog/transcript of 2009 D/C apology on 1914,25 and 75.

by Aussie Oz 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Does anybody have a recording or transcript, anything! On the wording and even tone of voice used to 'apologize' for these years mis-predictions?

Stuff like this will be invaluable in helping young witnesses realize that they need to look back to last century. They are victims of the policy of 'stop mentioning it and they'll all forget', its about time they got unforgot! I have a 13 and 16 yr old to rescue and i doubt they have even heard about 1914 in any doctrinal way.

i will gladly follow links or receive an email if need be.

Thankyou

and now i wait another 24 hours before i can start my next thread!

• asilentone
    asilentone

Aussie, do you have a habit typing like this "thankyou"? It reminds me of a poster named Angel Eyes.

• yknot
    yknot

I know two international convention audios are floating around on the internet.......I will email around and see if anyone has them.

I am not sure if they have the same message as the reg ole less important DC have though...... If I remember correctly it was the "Do Not Look At The Things Behind talk (second to last talk on Saturday afternoon)

I can tell you it wasn't any kind of apology.....more like a broad sweeping under the carpet see Jah's Organization admits their mistakes commentary. The set up was that the Apostles were expecting wrongly for the kingdom to begin in their day, similarly Jah's servants today too have been as zealous and over eager as the past apostles. ..... Essentially the Org was 'running ahead'......of course when I do that I am considered demoned possessed.

At 13 and 16 maybe start by asking them what was the message the Apostles taught about Christ as compared to what the WTS teaches. Do they discern the differences?

From there have ready and on hand a CD compliation of older material for them to use as research.....

• tryingtoexit
    tryingtoexit

I don't have audio but I do remember a talk from this years DC where the brother started sounding more "enthusiastic" for lack of a better word.

He said: "So what the brothers were wrong in the past!! There were many dates and expectations that did not happen, maybe they were over anxious, but remember friends, Jesus said You do NOT know the hour and the day. Let's look at the apostles, on the Mount Olives they asked questions about the Lord's coming kingdom, and based on Jesus' response, basically they were asking questions that were NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS! DID THAT MAKE THEIR RELIGION FALSE?!?!?!!! Nooo! So you can see why opposers use these type of things to lead the flock astray"

Something close to that....not word for word, but close...

Yeah I just shook my head in disbelief like wow they're really trying to cover all bases here, anybody remember the cartoon in the 80's called Dino Riders??

The bad guys would take dinosaurs and make them obey them by "BRAIN BOXING" them..

I felt like the entire Nutter Center was full of BRAIN BOXED Jehovah's Witnesses...

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

As far as I can make out, the only talks that have been available online are from Friday to Saturday Midday, so if you want that talk, you might have to go and get it. Take an FM mp3 recorder with you.

Cheers

Chris

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

asilentone... I spell it as thankyou as well- and I ain't F'n Angel Eyes !!!!!!!!!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

He is improving. He waited 20 posts this time

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

I see the funny side or he could be Reniaa just kidding but then again.......? now Iam just confused lol

• blondie
    blondie

Was there an apology in 1914?

Except for the quote from Karl Klein saying Rutherford said he made an ass out of himself, was there an apology for 1925?

The apology/non-apology for 1975 did not come until 1976 and a revised version in 1980.

BTW statements in writing in their publications are considered most reliable by the WTS. Statements from the stage/platform are considered questionable and most likely the speaker's personal opinion.

http://www.culthelp.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=331&Itemid=8

• fokyc
    fokyc

Cardiff UK Saturday pm "19_Do_Not_Look_at_the_Things_Behind.mp3"

You can access this by clicking the following link: http://www.box.net/shared/2x0t0ofb11

fokyc

ps I have Cardiff 2009 complete as 28 mp3's

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit