John Doe

or is there a use for them?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Banana Banana Bread
    recipe image
    Rated:rating
    Submitted By: Shelley Albeluhn Photo By: Steph
    Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 1 Hour 5 MinutesReady In: 1 Hour 20 Minutes Servings: 12
    "Why compromise the banana flavor? This banana bread is moist and delicious with loads of banana flavor! Friends and family love my recipe and say it's by far the best! It's wonderful toasted!! Enjoy!" INGREDIENTS:
    2 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup butter3/4 cup brown sugar 2 eggs, beaten 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas
    DIRECTIONS:
    1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
    2.In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.

Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/banana-banana-bread/detail.aspx

• Gregor
    Gregor

If you have been purchasing 'banannas' you should know that they ripen very fast due to the extra 'n' chromosone in the name. Make a smoothy in the blender with one of these goo sticks. Add a little milk, vanilla ice cream... Or cookies or bananannana nut bread. Or as I do, throw them in the garbage and next time remember to buy them greener and half as many.

• carpediem
    carpediem

Banana fritters are lovely, but very fattening I might add. Make some batter, roll the bananas in the batter and deep fry for a couple of minutes. Lovely with vanilla ice cream. You can do the same with old apples.

• DJK
    DJK

Time for the compost pile IMO. I'm an Atheist and a gardener, my wife is Jewish and a marathon runner so it's a battle sometimes to see who'll eat them. The bugs or her.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Peel and put in the freezer. Then just pop one or two in the blender with some OJ and whatever other fruit you got around for a nice cold smoothie.

Or use in baking like MrsJones said.

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

You gotta eat'm fast. My wife made a banana shake this morning for my son and I.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 C butter 2 eggs

1 C sugar 2 C flour

2 large bananas (mashed) 1/4 tsp cinnamon

1 3/4 C oatmeal 1 1/2 tsp soda

12 oz package chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 o . Cream butter and sugar. Add other ingredients, chocolate chips last. (mixes easier) Mix well. Bake 10 minutes.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Chuck 'em on the barbie for a couple of mins, them split the skin open and sprinkle with a little ground ginger.

Yummy!

• dinah
    dinah

LOL@ Gregor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit