WT Hypocrisy: Pick Your Jaw Up Off The Floor

by metatron 18 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

I'm trying to get my head around a conversation in which a parent that hasn't been lobotomized by this religion would kick is kid out of the house for refusing to go to college. I CAN picture a conversation that goes something like "fine go be a window washer, but you're going to pay rent, pay your share of the utilities, buy your own groceries, car/gas/oil/tires/insurance etc, etc. When you get tired of it, we'll talk about college again. By the way, you can't date unless you're going to marry her; at which time all of the above will double in cost."

I'm trying to remember if I've ever met a JW kid with non JW parents.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

doesn't this want you to scream at the top of your lungs during one of their meetings?

I've been doing it lately in my mind! cannot sit through a meeting without putting "that look" in my face

• flipper
    flipper

Many teenagers who have been kicked out of their homes by witness parents have been taken in by kindly non-witness people who are loving

• parakeet
    parakeet

JW teenagers --> booted out by unbelieving parents = "mistreatment."

Ordinary teenagers --> booted out by JW parents = blessed by Jehovah.

Maybe if I type this several hundred more times, it will make sense.

• chickpea
    chickpea

un-frikkin-believable....

• exjw_usmarine
    exjw_usmarine

been without my parental units for 5 years now. better off without them if you ask me

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They feel it's acceptable if their own throw out anyone that disagrees with their own religion--but it's horrible if children get expelled for becoming witlesses. Same for people examining their religions--so long as they are not witlesses before and they are going to become witlesses. However, if you are already a witless, you are not allowed to examine your own religion.

• starbox120862
    starbox120862

I used to work with an ex JW girl in early 20s. She'd been having an affair, was disfellowshipped and her witness mother kicked her out and cut all ties. Going from being totally protected to completely alone really seemed to mess her up, she was leading a crazy lifestyle. Wouldnt it make more sense as a parent, even if you disapprove your child's lifestyle to try and keep them at home where you can still try to exert some force for good over them. After all, as parents we're hardly going to be corrupted by our kids' activities- how many middleaged people get into sex, drugs and rock n roll because we want to emulate our kids?!

• exjw_usmarine
    exjw_usmarine

i am a firm believer that BLOOD is thicker than anything ESPECIALLY RELIGION !!! I dont care what my kids might do wrong or right, i will be there for them no matter what. Its what family is for, to be there for you when no one else will be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit