I've changed my mind... Keep marijuana illegal!

by Elsewhere 37 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

One could get a 1/4 oz. for $40 10 years ago.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

This woman's statement makes for strong support for not legalizing pot, its stupid and incoherent, perhaps she wrote it after toking up.

One thing that has been a concerning factor in legalization of marijuana is the easy accessibility of the product in the hands of people who suffer from

the many forms of mental illnesses such as schizophrenia, bi-polarism....etc. which could worsen their condition.

There are two sides of the coin to look at and consider when you put something open and freely to the general population..

Narcotics for the psychotics, a troubling concept indeed.....

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Ok, for those who are a bit slow... the article was satire and the author actually supports legalization.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I'm not slow, i'm small, i'm flying, and.... uhh. Gotta go have some cookies.

S

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

lol i understood her

purps

• beksbks
    beksbks

One thing that has been a concerning factor in legalization of marijuana is the easy accessibility of the product in the hands of people who suffer from

the many forms of mental illnesses such as schizophrenia, bi-polarism....etc. which could worsen their condition.

I'm pretty sure it's not that hard to get now Homer. The best way to control it, is to legalize it. Bongs are supposed to be the healthiest way to smoke. A doctor told me this.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

I guess its a point you have problems with it illegal ( crime, unregulated distribution, law and legal costs etc. )

And there would be problems with making it openly legal, perhaps the abuse of the product by a large volume of the population.

Its been said that if pot was made legal, the value of it would drop like a rock, particularly if large corporations became the dominate producers.

This is why the majority of growers and traffickers do not want it legalized because it would decimate their high profitability for which they are consuming

right now.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

the value of it would drop like a rock

I dont think that would happen.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

If large corporations like tobacco companies started producing it and they competed in pricing , I think so.

The only way to keep it from getting too cheap to purchase would be high taxation.

• White Dove
    White Dove

It was funny when it mentioned the bad grades kids would get if they didn't have their well paying "job." I knew it was satire.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit