I've changed my mind... Keep marijuana illegal!

by Elsewhere 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

http://www.filthyrichmond.com/2009/04/keep-marijuana-illegal.html

Keep marijuana illegal!
    As a married woman and mother of four, you'd probably expect me to support the current state of marijuana laws. It may surprise you to learn that I'm a regular marijuana smoker. Knowing that, you may expect me to be pro-legalization. Once again, you'd be wrong. I'm firmly against the legalization of marijuana. But unlike most folks on my side of the argument, I have solid reasons for taking this stance.

For one thing, my cousins are prison guards. Their job security depends on constant prison overcrowding. They also make good money supplying marijuana to certain prisoners. And it's understood that most drug convicts make excellent prison bitches for the truly violent offenders. Simply put, legalization would put our nation's fragile prison economy at risk!

That's just the start. Think about how illegal drugs give our law enforcement a valuable tool in arresting minorities when need be. Additionally, legalizing marijuana would strip our state police departments of their ability to seize and auction off the homes and cars of anyone carrying more than a half ounce of marijuana. You think taxes on decriminalized marijuana could make up the loss? Think again!

Another drawback of legalization is that everyone who is now drug free will probably start smoking the day it's all legalized. This is particularly troublesome because these newbs will start freaking out. School buses will be crashing left and right, companies will fold under a weight of too many sick days, and folks will stop taking themselves so seriously. That's pretty much what happened before the fall of Rome!

Even if we can look past the threat to our adult population, we must consider the children. Once legally regulated, marijuana will be as hard for kids to buy as alcohol is now. So you've got to wonder about what they'll go for next. Freon huffing? Suppository abuse? Free-based jenkem? By the time we know what the next thing is they'll already be hooked!

Of course our more enterprising young people won't be able to focus on their studies, because that $200 per night profit from dealing drugs will be gone. Rather than just selling a few bags on a Friday night, these once promising young students would be forced to spend 12-16 of their best hours per week in low paying fast food or grocery bagging jobs. Parents can kiss those straight "A" report cards goodbye!

So as you compose that letter to your representatives in congress, begging them to legalize pot, prepare yourself for the bleak future that follows. Today's drug mafia leaders will become tomorrows high-paid consultants for major corporations. They'll be deliberately tainting our marijuana supplies with addictive carcinogens, much the same way tobacco and soft drinks are tainted today. Sure, you're laughing now. You won't be laughing when the blood's flying, and you're screaming!
  • dinah
  • purplesofa
    purplesofa

If only folks would just be logical.

The biggest crime committed is keeping it illegal.

purps

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

And nothing is appealing as forbidden fruit

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

And nothing is appealing as forbidden fruit

again, I appeal to logic

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Had a lovely smoke last nite.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Had a lovely smoke last nite.

LOL Me too!

Shabbat shalom, dear friend.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Nothing like a good wake and bake

• chickpea
    chickpea

20 years out of a 20 year habituation
    i am pretty sure i wouldnt be a consumer....

but as a taxpayer HELL YES
    i want that crap legal and regulated....

• minimus
    minimus

Elsewhere's a woman?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit