• flipper
    flipper

Because they suck, that's why

• freydo
    freydo

because there's nothing else

• exjw_usmarine
    exjw_usmarine

I most definitely didnt go to my J-C, so instead the BOE came to me. I had faded away from the meetings quite a bit after me and my exwife had seperated and gotten into alot of things im not proud of. But after all i was 19 and it was my life. So one saturday AM, its about 930 i believe from my bedroom upstairs i hear the doorbell, now i lived with two roommates (neither JW's) and my girlfriend at the time was crashed out in bed with me, because we had had a huge house party at our place the night before. Anyway i knew who it was, so i walked downstairs and on the way throguh the kitchen grabbed a half finished bottle of Bacardi and answered the door. staring back at me were two elders (one who was like a father to me) who had come to find out why i had been missing meetings. so long story short, i pulled out a cigerette(id been smoking for some time) and had them sit down on the porch with me and after telling them that i was leaving for USMC bootcamp in 3 days, they of course called 2 more elders (both who i knew very well) and the 5 of us pretty much had my JCM right there on my front porch which consisted of me telling them the things i had been doing, and making it very clear to them that i enjoyed my life the way it was and that i was not sorry for any of my actions. 2 days later i left for SD to go to bootcamp, and the following day at the tuesday night meeting they announced my DF'ing.

on another note, has anyone ever had any issues with elders literally stalking you, at the time i was bartending and on my nights off i would of course go back to the bar to hang out and drink, on 3 seperate occasions that i can remember i caught the elders parked across the street sitting in their car. haha. i thought it was quite funny, that they were trying to get dirt on me, but since i never went to the KH, they couldnt talk to me about what they had seen. just curious about others experiences, although our elders were pretty shady.. and that includes my father who until both of his children, me and my sister(who is reinstated now, and hangs around just for the family ties) turned away from the "truth", they asked his to resign. Who knows hes probably back to being one now.

anyway, its very nice to meet you all, ive been reading the boards now for a few days and havent really said much or introduced myself, so i thought i would say hello. Im Jonathan, born and raised JW for 18 years, now im not against religion, just really not sure what to think or believe ya know.. i do have faith.. but there are so many teaching out there..

and im sorry if me being a Marine is offending to some of you, i know its not exactly something that we were ever taught was ok, but regardless, i wouldnt have changed a thing. My life is wonderful just the way it is, im actually getting married in 25 days , NO shes not a JW.. ahhaha the last JW wife i had came after me with a kitchen knife cause she went crazy, aint going through that again. lol

anyway, its very nice to meet you all and feel free to hit me up.

SGT Jonathan Patrick USMC

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

As long as they believe that the GB is chosen by Jesus as Jehovah's channel in 1919 they must be right.

All evidence and arguements to the contrary must be mistaken/from the devil/explainable somehow/whatever.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They cannot defend Original Sin, so they claim it is true just because the Bible tells them so (when they were the ones that wrote the Bible up).

They claim to be the only way to get saved from "original sin" because their Bible tells them it was so. And, it was them that claims the Bible says so, so it has to be true.

They build a Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger, calling it the Faithful and Discreet Slave, claiming this is what the Bible says. This Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger in turn alters other parts of the Bible and twists it around, claiming that they are God's chosen ones and therefore, anyone that disagrees with them is from Satan.

They make all sorts of stupid rules because they are trying to force people to do their bidding. They are after absolute control, and are willing to use the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger to take scriptures out of context to "prove" it. When anyone rebuts the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger, even using their own Bible, they claim that such people are from Satan and do not count. Hence, the religion is protected from within.

• etna
    etna

jonathan, nice to meet you.

creativhoney- they are so full of their own bs, they can only realise things on their own not by what we say or prove them wrong. My wife now is trying to get re-instated so she can talk to her kids and mine(I've faded, so its easier for me), but she really doesn't believe it. She'll fade once she's in. She has written a letter to get back in 6weeks ago, since she has been going for 8 months, and can you believe they still have to get back to her.(BASTARDS)

Etna

• exjw_usmarine
    exjw_usmarine

thank you Etna, its nice to meet you too .

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Clutch at straws?

Well. many of their beliefs are based on "Straw Man" arguments.........

To debate with a dub you have to think outside the box of WT reasoning . They are skilled at using the half truths on which their beliefs are based , You have to approach with a fresh mind , or the logical progresssion of their argument seems to make sense.

BTW In Israel, I am going from memory but I am sure that single women did not get stoned for fornication, If a man made a girl pregnant, he had to marry her and they could never divorce

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Welcome Jonathan :)

• dissed
    dissed

Welcome exjw_usmarine

Thanks for sharing and as a side note from another USA citizen, thank you for your special service to our country.

What's wrong with a crazy wife chasing you around with a butcher knife? Don't all wives do that? haha

Make note to self: Don't give butcher knife to exjw_usmarine for wedding gift.

Have fun at the wedding.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit