What has happened in the last 10 years since i left? Scandals? Doctrine changes?

by Aussie Oz 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

In the truest form of reality the WTS. is a coercive bullshitting self anointing, self marketing religious publishing house,

that created power for a handful of men and a huge amount of monetary wealth,

with of course the aftereffects of killing thousands and ruining many more lives.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Instead of asking us what the new stuff is, consider asking them what it is.

Try not to tell them anything. Just ask questions that get them thinking for themselves again. Telling them stuff you have learned might have them scurrying off like startled rabbits. You can't talk to them if they won't even visit.

Don't be fooled because they might seem a bit worldly or weak in the faith or spending too much time behind the bike shed. Plenty of us have had that notion backfire on us. Remember that they have had 13 & 16 years of high control cult indoctrination that might take years to carefully and slowly undo.

It might even be better for you not to know too much, that way there is less incentive to chuck the whole garbage can at them.

Cheers

Chris

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Thanks Chris, good advice. I am on a mission to sort fact from fiction first, workout the stuff that may help, and then work out what if anything to do.

the second purpose of my research is to understand the religion that took 28 years of my life. Add to that another 10 still thinking its the true one, and that's 38 years i want to understand.

cheers

• nugget
    nugget

Hi, I was a faithful member of the congregation for 40 years. It was only when I actually started taking family study night seriously and actually looked deeply at what I was being taught that I realised that things were not as they seemed. I was so cross with myself that I hadn't previously questioned anything, I didn't even know how many members of the governing body there were.

I read crisis of conscience with an open mind and the biggest surprise was that the GB spent all their time on administrative details such as what was a disfellowshipping matter and did less study than I do. I was also shocked that because of a voting system that required a three quarter majority alot of rubbish decisions stayed as disfellowshipping sins even when most people on the body could see that they were wrong. All I could think of was that families were shunning people based on who turned up to vote on any given day. This was what jolted me out of my complacency.

In the organisation the GB has an air of mystery about it. I once thought they were benevolent old men who spent their days prayerfully studying the Bible, people who cared about the flock. I now know that they are biggoted old men vying for political prominance, despotic and uncaring of the flock. those who are not busy bullying others lack the backbone to stand up to the others. It is no wonder that some bodies of elders display similar qualities, they are reflecting what is the spirit of the organisation.

Perhaps ask your children to do study on the GB, how many members? how old are they? What do they do? Why are some so young? Ask them to look into the organisation they plan to dedicate their lives to. After all the society advises us to take prayerful consideration of all things.

• AFX
    AFX

Hi. Can anyone answer the last messages here?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/104279/10/WTS-vs-Quotes-Requiem-for-a-Research-Web-Site

Dont know why the thread dont move up too the beggining, soo people can read. :/...

Thanks.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome AFX & nugget!

A great nugget from nugget indeed :)

In the organisation the GB has an air of mystery about it. I once thought they were benevolent old men who spent their days prayerfully studying the Bible, people who cared about the flock. I now know that they are biggoted old men vying for political prominance, despotic and uncaring of the flock. those who are not busy bullying others lack the backbone to stand up to the others. It is no wonder that some bodies of elders display similar qualities, they are reflecting what is the spirit of the organisation.

Ask them to look into the organisation they plan to dedicate their lives to. After all the society advises us to take prayerful consideration of all things. Blessings, Stephen

• GLOWCELL
    GLOWCELL

GLOWCELL

1: nut's and bolt's

a basic of PROGRAM

2: right and wrong

a catalyst of PROGRAM

3: god and satan

a fear of PROGRAM

The End Of The World

CONCLUTION

oN mY OWn