What Happens After You Leave?

by Cold Steel 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I'm not a Witness, but I have to ask....

What happens after you leave? Do you turn against all religion or do you find another?

People say they're happy when they leave...that they feel free, but I'd hate to think that people give up on everything religious.

If you do stay religious, how many doctrines of the JWs do you retain? (I've never bought into the idea that man has no spirit, because the only real scripture people use to support it is in Ecclesiastes, which is not really an eschatological work, but a philosophic one?)

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    What happens after you leave? Do you turn against all religion or do you find another?

It's mixed.

• White Dove
    White Dove

We become more normal, like everyday folks.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Good answer White Dove.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

even as a jw i was never religious, no on leaving i have not replaced it with another faith/religion, do i believe in god? maybe, maybe not, do i believe in the teachings of the bible? no, they are mans teachings.

am i normal? what is normal?

I feel free, free from going to the KH sunday 2 hours, thursday 2 hours, tuesday book study 1 hour, the rush of finishing work at 5.30 and being at the meetings at 7. I now have sunday sleep in fantastic.

• godrulz
    godrulz

There is a difference between leaving an autocratic, manmade organization and knowing God through Christ. Leaving a false religion to another false religion or no religion still leaves one a condemned sinner. Abundant and eternal life comes through Jesus Christ alone (Jn. 1:12; Jn. 3:16; Jn. 14:6; Acts 4:12; Rom. 10:9-10).

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I saw that Jehovah Himself was to blame for most of the problems I had--including the ones that led me to become a witless in the first place. And the witlesses were guilty of exploiting those problems for their own nefarious purposes, while adding other problems--hence neither Jehovah Himself nor the witlesses are innocent.

Also, I realized that Satan, far from being a monster out to harm mankind, was only trying to help us by preventing the tyranny that Jehovah was preparing to set up for us. Satan succeeded, only to have Jehovah recapture mankind and reinstate His tyranny.

• sspo
    sspo

Since i see no evidence of God ( maybe, maybe only in creation?) in the involvement of mankind there is no reason to worship him according to

holy books written by men and being brainwashed once more.

• carpediem
    carpediem

You start to live now, instead of chasing the carrot dangled by religion that there is a better life to come. Perhaps there is. If I miss it then so be it. I would rather enjoy what I have....a bird in the hand and all that. A quote from a source I cant remember....I would rather live one day as a Lion than forever as a lamb.

I think you will find that we all have very different views after we leave.

• blondie
    blondie

Everyone has a separate and individual experience involving family issues, how long in, how much preparation to leave they had or took, etc., etc. My experience is the majority of ex-jws don't get involved again in an organized religion or choose one that is independent or separate for a larger group. Ex-jws are not clones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit