The REAL reason subscriptions have stopped!

by LDH 20 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

I know there's a million more out there, so post 'em!

Whilst speaking with Pops last night, I asked how he felt about not getting his Subscription any more. He was trying his best to be chipper about it. Heck, the only thing that's different is that someone has to drive to Lansing, NY (YES the original Gilead site) to pick up the shipments weekly!

I asked why he thought, apart from $$$$, the mail service was being stopped. He said, "The Society was concerned about Anthrax going through the mail, and someone potentially contracting it from one of their pubs!"

I guess they don't care if they spiritually kill someone off over time, only if there's bad publicity about one death!

Has anyone else heard any doozies?

Lisa

• ISP
    ISP

That is a new one, Lisa! I think money is the real answer. Falling revenues result from the slowdown in the west. Advances in the third world are tempered by the fact that these countries cannot afford to build etc. and need bankrolling.

ISP

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I think money is the real answer.

If a dubbie has to spend two or three dollars in gas, plus wear-and-tear on his/her car to deliver a subscription twice a month to someone in an outlying terrority, so what? The society saves 25 cents.

To HELL with those uneducated, barely-getting-by-window-washing publishers and their old, beat-up cars! To HELL with them! WE save 25 cents!

Farkel
    Tactful Class

"I didn't mean what I meant."

• lookin
    lookin

UM...... Yeah I have to agree with Farkel again...
    :(

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Anyone care to guess how much $$$ the WT may be saving??? I would like to see your numbers........Plus, don’t forget the labor savings too. $$$$$

• DB
    DB

I must agree that money is the main consideration here, and I cannot understand why an organization which always seemed to pride itself on feeding people spiritually has seemed to put money ahead of that. I said this before on an earlier post...the US Postal Service gets to every home in the USA, and to me, that is a very efficient and effective way to get "spritual food" to people.

In fact, the reason why Fed Ex recently entered into joint ventures with the Postal Service is that their "penetration" to homes in the USA is unparalled. Fed Ex saw that such reach could not be duplicated, so they signed on with the Postal Service instead. And here's the WTBS, doing just the opposite. And of course, the WTBS says they have something far more valuable to deliver. Go figure.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

DB:

Thanks, never looked at it this way before.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Ya that's a good idea lets get some numbers. But lets take it a step further. Lets do a side by side comparison of how much the WTS is now going to save vs how much the pubs are going to spend to distribute them. (when I say let's that means you and I'll just enjoy lookin' at it hahhahaha)

Ven
    Lazy Math Klass

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

• LDH
    LDH

Um, yah guys, I know the real issue is $$$. [8>] I'm just wondering if you've heard any other lame brained excuses.

Lisa
    Not Clear Class

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

LDH: For what its worth, when I first heard of the news, I felt “right off the bat” that this was a move to control who gets the WT and who does not. I mean, will they deliver the WT to a known Apostate’s house, if requested? Then after some thought, the $$$ thing seemed more logical. At first, was I just being paranoid? Who knows..............

“Cancel my subscription to the resurrection. Send my credentials to the House of Detention, I got some friends inside.....” The Doors.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit